Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2011, 10:46 AM
    Nanny state update - literally
    Nancy Pelosi, who I hoped had taken an irreversible plunge into irrelevance, wants desperately to regain her old spot as Speaker (God help us all) and get busy “doing for child care what we did for health-care reform”.

Yippee, federal nannies for everyone. There goes the free world.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2011, 11:12 AM
    Hello Steve:

So, you APPROVE of the present Speaker saying he's feeding your children HEALTHY foods, when what he did was to start calling pizza and french fries vegetables...

He did this at the behest of the pizza and potato industry - not at the behest of moms... He SHOULD cry about this, and you should be ashamed.

excon
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2011, 11:30 AM
    Tell the truth about it, ex.

"Under the current school lunch rules, the two tablespoons of tomato sauce on a slice of pizza qualifies as a serving of vegetables. And a Congressional spending bill released this week ensures that it stays that way.

"We are not saying pizza is a vegetable," said Corey Henry, the spokesman for the American Frozen Food Institute, which supports the bill. "What we are saying is if you serve a slice of pizza with 2 tablespoons of vegetable paste, it can be an important way to deliver a number of vegetables that children will actually consume.""

Of course you know many school districts opposed the new FDA rules, too don't you?

But yes, I am entirely opposed to the federal government mandating what kids eat. If I want my kid to eat pizza, he eats pizza.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2011, 09:24 AM
    Yeah I see those kids on the school lunch line craving that serving of mixed veggies from a can. At least they eat the pizza sauce.
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2011, 10:38 AM
    Something you can't do these days - I went home for lunch in elementary school. In Jr High we ate at the snack truck that parked across the street. In high school we ate anywhere BUT school most of the time and when I did, the only edible thing they served was a cinnamon roll. It took me 33 more years to get to a 34 inch waist.
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2011, 08:01 AM
    No, Congress did not declare pizza a vegetable
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 22, 2011, 02:12 PM
    You guys obviously don't have a lot of single working females with kids around you, or any old people who have nothing but the nanny state to depend on but family, and benefits.

Sorry guys, but what Nancy is talking about is a lot more important than what Bonehead is talking about. You hit a nerve when you don't care about women, and children, and old folks, or what they need. Nanny state my a$$!! You want the truth, this congress has done nothing for people who have nothing, but criticize them from wanting something, as inaduquate as that is.

Go ahead, keep taking from the weak and vulnerable, and working poor. Wake up, your job creators ain't feeding nobody but themselves, but you want to fight over a slice of pizza??

Easy to see I would take Pelosi, over Bonehead any day.
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2011, 03:27 PM
    What should be easy to see - since I know I've said so many times - is I'm all for a safety net for those who need it. What I'm not for is the ever-expanding nanny state envisioned by people like Pelosi, Obama and the occupiers.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2011, 05:05 PM
    your job creators ain't feeding nobody but themselves
    91% of American workers are employed by the private sector.Government accounts for 8% of all US workers.
    Expert

Nov 22, 2011, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    What should be easy to see - since I know I've said so many times - is I'm all for a safety net for those who need it. What I'm not for is the ever-expanding nanny state envisioned by people like Pelosi, Obama and the occupiers.
    Then I highly suggest you get the facts of what they are doing, and for who before you say you are against it.
    Expert

Nov 22, 2011, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    91% of American workers are employed by the private sector.Government accounts for 8% of all US workers.
    Then where the hell do all those unemployed and poor people come from? Oh that's right, those lazy b@stards volunteered, because they are required to bath, or some similar nonsense.

Send 'em one of those philosophy books and that will show them the error of their ways.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2011, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Then I highly suggest you get the facts of what they are doing, and for who before you say you are against it.
    I try, but OWS is too incoherent to understand. I finally found their "one demand", which boils down to "world revolution." :
    Attached Images

Expert

Nov 23, 2011, 09:35 AM
    The message I get just from what you posted is they are not happy with a lot of things they see going on and want them changed, much like many of us.

I bet you see more than a few things you agree with also. But knowing you as I think I do, you have a problem with the messenger, and their methods. I get that to.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2011, 10:05 AM
    Yep, I've already made it clear that I have no respect for people who have no respect for the rights and property of others, especially those for who "revolution" means "a communist effort to re-imagine and regroup for revolution in the U.S."
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2011, 10:26 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Here's the deal.. You get hysterical over the WRONG things.. THREE New Black Panthers sent your wing into a tizzy. Now, there's THREE, count 'em THREE communists talking about revolution... The number THREE comes from your article.

excon
    Expert

Nov 23, 2011, 10:28 AM
    Whenever you have social unrest for policies that people are against, there will always be push back, and when you get beyond labels, and rhetoric, and ideology, you are left with CAUSE, and EFFECT. Revolution has been going on since the original revolution. Seems that's the only thing that makes changes happen, is when enough b!tchin' is done.

While OWS doesn't have the age, experience, or where with all YET, that others have had, or as we say a clear articulation of demands or direction, THEY WILL, as they grow, and overcome obstacles like the other more known movements in this countries past. Sure coalitions have many diverse factions in them, but given the fact that many people are not happy with present circumstances, both RIGHT, and LEFT, and Between, something like this was bound to happen.

People want change for the better, even if they are unclear as to what that looks like. We can't ignore that sentiment, because a few in the crowd are ones we don't particularly like.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2011, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

Here's the deal.. You get hysterical over the WRONG things.. THREE New Black Panthers sent your wing into a tizzy. Now, there's THREE, count 'em THREE communists talking about revolution... The number THREE comes from your article.

excon
    Um, did you miss where the occupiers motto is "world revolution"? Dude, these people want an end to capitalism, to bring down the system, which leaves what?
    Expert

Nov 23, 2011, 11:46 AM
    No they don't Steve. A few maybe, but as a whole they want FAIR.
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2011, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Um, did you miss where the occupiers motto is "world revolution"? Dude, these people want an end to capitalism, to bring down the system,
    Hello again, Steve:

Here's their website. That motto seems to be missing... You'd think it would be there...

But, I agree with you. These people are set on world revolution - all three of 'em.. snicker, snicker...

excon
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2011, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

Here's their website. That motto seems to be missing... You'd think it would be there...
    I don't know who the Occupy Party is, but Occupy Wall Street who I was referring to does as I posted earlier.

But, I agree with you. These people are set on world revolution - all three of 'em.. snicker, snicker...
    That's just one of the groups influencing and financing the movement. You'll see.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Another nanny state ban? [ 481 Answers ]

The Obama administration is considering nixing potatoes in federal child nutrition programs such as WIC. Really? We're going to ban a fresh vegetable for hungry children?

Window vista update (KB968389) is a bad update, how can I update my vista? [ 2 Answers ]

August 11, 2009 window vista update KB968389 is a bad update for my computer. After trying to install it, my configuration only gets to 3 out of 3 and 0% then keeps on restarting over and over. It won't stop restarting unless I turn my computer off. I had to do a restore to my drives to get it...

W2 for out-of-state nanny [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live in DC and employ a nanny who lives in Maryland. Do I need a Maryland employer ID to put on her w2 form? Thanks!

View more questions Search