Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2014, 07:35 PM
    It seems this has developed into a case of around and around (the Indian Ocean) we go and where we come out nobody knows. More pings, somewhat narrowing the search area but as yet no debris. The resources being deployed in the search for MH370 are large, but the finds so far are flotsam and jetsam, a sad comment on the state of our planet

Malaysia Airlines MH370: Searchers narrow in on 'final resting place' - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2014, 07:52 PM
    I agree... with so many "floatation devices" and stuff that would float in a crash... where is all of it... hell where is any of it.
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2014, 08:27 PM
    exactly, there are strong currents in that region which would probably carry stuff far to the south but not to find anything when there is so much junk afloat? it looks like the plane went straight in vertically and didn't break up, or maybe it went somewhereelse

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...-1226879692901
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2014, 05:12 AM
    Even straight in it would have broken up... only if they pulled a Sully Sullenberger Hudson River Plane Landing (US Airways 1549) Animation with Audio - YouTube would it not have broken up... but few pilots could have pulled that off on a river without waves... but on the open ocean? Even fewer if any.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2014, 03:11 PM
    even if that happened there would have been opportunity to deploy life rafts so back to the ghost flight theory
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2014, 08:24 AM
    Interesting. THe NSA refuses to release files over this claimiing the excuse of "classisified material".

WHat would be classified about a comercial Airline flight?

Obama’s NSA refuses FOIA request on Malaysia flight 370 on grounds of classified info |
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2014, 11:17 AM
    As members of that website so clearly admit: the US is involved in downing the jet.
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2014, 11:35 AM
    I honestly don't know who to believe or what to believe about this downing. They can track a single marine animal for over a year....but they can't track or find a single very large airplane?

Its obvious to most there has been a lot of lies and misinformation from day one about this....and I don't thinks its over yet. Wherever it ended up.

And whatever we are told in the end...it will be forever tainted with the air of suspicion.
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2014, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Interesting. THe NSA refuses to release files over this claimiing the excuse of "classisified material".

WHat would be classified about a comercial Airline flight?

Obama’s NSA refuses FOIA request on Malaysia flight 370 on grounds of classified info |
    you are making a lot out of a non answer and as this was a fishing expedition it is not surprising it came up with nothing.

The NSA might have been surveilling someone on the plane, just because they didn't say they have no information doesn't mean they have anything of consequence
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2014, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    you are making a lot out of a non answer and as this was a fishing expedition it is not surprising it came up with nothing.

The NSA might have been surveilling someone on the plane, just because they didn't say they have no information doesn't mean they have anything of consequence
    If they had nothing they would have said as much... the fact they started playing the "classified information" card... is clear indication there actually IS something they are hiding.
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2014, 04:32 PM
    hiding or protecting an ongoing operation
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2014, 09:42 PM
    well here we are and now we are told the echo's weren't from MH370 and so after months of looking in the wrong place where do we go from here?

There are a lot of unanswered questions
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2014, 04:26 AM
    What ever happened with this oil rig worker's claim that he saw something explode that night?
    Oil rig worker saw Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 go down: report - National | Globalnews.ca
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2014, 04:58 AM
    his theory is as good as any
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2014, 12:07 PM
    One alleged eye witness but I have never seen anything about any thorough followup to his contemporaneous report. The whole affair has been an exercise in incompetence form day 1. It would seem that neutralizing the effect of your own pings before trying to detect other pings would be covered in Ping Detection 101.
    The last message from the aircraft was one 'given' for months then tossed out like it never existed as were so many other hard and fast benchmarks.

Or the plane may have gone to the same place as smoothy's question a bit ago, about Snowden talking about NSA's ability to turn on iphone mikes when the phone appears to be turned off.
    I tried to post a comment to that one and when I hit post, it told me I was responding to an unavailable question. Now the question is gone. And maybe this one will be gone soon, too. Or was I dreaming that I saw smoothy's two page post?
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2014, 12:11 PM
    No it was real... I posted a thread on that topic a couple hours ago tops.. I though it was very important for people to be aware of with all the hacking that's been going on recently. And one I've known was possible for quite some time....

Someone apparently saw fit to delete it for some reason.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2014, 12:41 PM
    I saw that NSA thread - why was it deleted?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 3, 2014, 02:17 PM
    I had heard last week or so that they were going to release all the raw data to the public. There are many minds in the public domain that would love to have a look and start crunching the numbers to get an idea as to what may have happened. Does anyone know if they actually released them ?
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2014, 04:10 PM
    There is a report of a plane on fire in the Indian ocean, just a hypothetical what would happen if the plane crashed but didn't sink for several hours, the pings would still be picked up by the sattelite, but the crash point would be far away from the search area
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2014, 06:15 PM
    This would seem to confirm the report and there was an early report of a plane seen in the Maldives

Undersea audio recording could hold MH370 clue, say Curtin University researchers in Perth | News.com.au

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search