Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2014, 11:11 AM
    Because she and her friends teased and bullied him, not realizing that he had Asperger's.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2014, 11:41 AM
    well that's a convenient diagnosis. Where is the evidence that he was bullied by a girl 2 years younger than him ? Sorry ;don't buy aspy as a cause.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2014, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    well that's a convenient diagnosis. Where is the evidence that he was bullied by a girl 2 years younger than him ? Sorry ;don't buy aspy as a cause.
    I'm married to an Aspy and could keep you awake for a few hours with the "teasing/bullying" stories I've heard over the years. Kids can be merciless when someone is a bit different.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2014, 11:51 AM
    why would I waste my time reading a 140 page rant ? He complained he didn't get any from a 10 year old girl.
    That was NOT his complaint!
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2014, 11:53 AM
    has he gone violent ? I know aspys too. Yea I've heard stories of bullying . Not one of the ones I know wrote a 140 page rant and went on a killing spree .. I read his "father's " quotes about how the rest of the world failed his kid while taking no responsibilty for it . That's because his solution was to give his kid a couple of luxury cars and to send him off to some fancy Hollywierdo " Institute " so he would not have to deal with him.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2014, 12:17 PM
    Elliot's train went off the track, not because he was an Aspy, but for associated reasons. It doesn't sound like there were any interventions to help him improve "negative" Aspy characteristics that were his social downfall.

My husband isn't violent but does get very frustrated and upset when his Aspy idiosyncrasies are pointed out/laughed at.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 27, 2014, 01:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    So why can't one buy a live tank and live ammo? Why not have live grenades available to all? They are only inanimate objects that don't suddenly spring to life randomly attack living people.

You can buy fully functional but it is so expensive that almost no one can afford it.

Large Caliber Ammunition - Large Bore Ammunition at GunBroker.com
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 27, 2014, 02:06 PM
    This kids parents had this kid in therapy since he was 8 yers old... he was in therapy almost daily through high school... yet nobody said anything to anyone. How about placing blame where blame is due...his parents were at the top of the ladder. His therapists aren't far behind. Because NONE of them reported him to the authiorities.

And His therapist had a copy of the manifesto 15 minutes before the shooting started....who did they call, his parents. Not the police as they are required to do when threats of violence to others are made.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2014, 02:15 PM
    what Clete is really looking for is big government to replace a society increasingly lacking a moral compass. The kid's old man makes movies about teens killing each other in a dystopian survivalist ritual (that's when he's making black and white photos of naked women ) .It appears that Elliot Rodgers biggest gripe was that he was not living the fantasy hedonistic life that his Hollywierdo lifestyle suggested was the norm.
    BTW ;he ended the murder spree when confronted by armed men. But as is often the case ;when seconds count ,the cops are minutes away.
    No Tom what I'm looking for is a society that is mature enough to realise that people are imperfect and cannot be allowed to do whatever feels good, governments responsibility is to provide a safe environment for all, this is why we have laws and when laws are found to be imperfect and not achieving their purpose they are changed. It is obvious that gun laws are not achieving their purpose and people are dying needlessly. It is quite probable that laws relating to mental health are not achieving their purpose and there should be greater control of certain individuals, You go ahead and blame fantasy because one person could not recognise fantasy if you want, but the reality is society failed Elliot, his interaction should have been controlled
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 27, 2014, 02:31 PM
    "Inert"
    People can't afford them is a cop-out - brokers buy islands for sh!ts and giggles.
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2014, 02:38 PM
    maybe he needed a reeducation camp. That's what his father(the man who takes artsy pictures of naked women,and direct movies about a dystopian teen age world ) tried to achieve by placing him in one of those fancy expensive 'institutes ' for misunderstood pampered children of the rich. You know ...the types of revolving door places that Lindsey Lohan attends on occasion.
    If you want to say that sex crazed Hollyweird society failed him ,you may have a point. . His expectation was that if he flashed his father's wealth around that he could 'have 'any woman he desired . Why would he think that ? Because that's what Hollyweird is all about . It was beyond his comprehension that living rich in Hollyweird ,he could not get to 1st base .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2014, 02:41 PM
    maybe he needed a reeducation camp. That's what his father(the man who takes artsy pictures of naked women,and direct movies about a dystopian teen age world ) tried to achieve by placing him in one of those fancy expensive 'institutes ' for misunderstood pampered children of the rich. You know ...the types of revolving door places that Lindsey Lohan attends on occasion.
    If you want to say that sex crazed Hollyweird society failed him ,you may have a point. . His expectation was that if he flashed his father's wealth around that he could 'have 'any woman he desired . Why would he think that ? Because that's what Hollyweird is all about . It was beyond his comprehension that living rich in Hollyweird ,he could not get to 1st base .
    So you are saying the concept of prostitution in hollywood eluded him
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 27, 2014, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    "Inert"
    People can't afford them is a cop-out - brokers buy islands for sh!ts and giggles.

Dont let that confuse you. With much of it you can load it with what is needed to fire it. Just like reloading your own shells.

Bad A** Tank | Sons of Guns - YouTube

The Scorpion Tank Stings Hard | Sons of Guns - YouTube
    Uber Member

May 27, 2014, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    No Tom what I'm looking for is a society that is mature enough to realise that people are imperfect and cannot be allowed to do whatever feels good, governments responsibility is to provide a safe environment for all, this is why we have laws and when laws are found to be imperfect and not achieving their purpose they are changed. It is obvious that gun laws are not achieving their purpose and people are dying needlessly. It is quite probable that laws relating to mental health are not achieving their purpose and there should be greater control of certain individuals, You go ahead and blame fantasy because one person could not recognise fantasy if you want, but the reality is society failed Elliot, his interaction should have been controlled
    He should have been locked up years ago... and he would have if the ACLU hadn't won the unlimited freedom of mental patients decades ago from a liberal court.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2014, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    He should have been locked up years ago... and he would have if the ACLU hadn't won the unlimited freedom of mental patients decades ago from a liberal court.
    What did he do years ago to merit being locked up?
    Uber Member

May 27, 2014, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What did he do years ago to merit being locked up?
    He was in therapy since he was 8, and DAILY therapy throughout high school. You have to be seriously screwed up to need daily therapy sessions.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 27, 2014, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    He was in therapy since he was 8, and DAILY therapy throughout high school. You have to be seriously screwed up to need daily therapy sessions.
    Therapy for what? What was being done?
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2014, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    So you are saying the concept of prostitution in hollywood eluded him
    Not the same . It's about narcissism. The women had to want him to make the conquest a success.
    BTW ;he hacked to death 3 of his victims ;he ran down others with the BMW daddy got him. He could've also achieved his goals by being an arsonist and burn down the Sorority House . So this bs about guns is just that . BS . America has had a "gun culture " throughout it's history without these incidents .

You know the answer but will not say it. We have drifted as a society away from God . Elliot in particular was his own god ."How could those girls pick this guy, the descendant of slaves, when they should be picking me, the descendant of English royalty?" He couldn't cope with the fact that he couldn't get a hook up in Sodom.
    BTW ,his old man once made a movie where he travelled around asking celebrities what God meant to them. The movie flopped and almost bankrupted him. He then went out and made a success by making a movie about teens who kill each other in a ritualistic survival game.
    Uber Member

May 27, 2014, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Therapy for what? What was being done?
    It will come out... but its not been released yet... we only know he was in it.

It is known he was a weirdo....he did have classmates try take him to dances and all he did was sit there and stare at women....thats not normal in anyones book. And certainly not endearing to others. Thats on him...not anyone else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A possible reason for Washington politicians behavior [ 10 Answers ]

With tongue planted firmly in cheek, I offer the following as possible cause of the lunacy coming out of Washington. The RDA limits for vitamins and minerals were established after World War II. One of the last essential elements included in the RDA system was iodine, established in 1980 and...

Politicians and fat cats [ 11 Answers ]

Why do politicians of every party when in power give so much support to fat cats, i.e. bankers and CEOs etc in state run bodies etc give so much support to them, even at the expense of their own political careers? These people earn obscenely large salaries bonuses and perks. Often they are part...

Do you know politicians [ 1 Answers ]

Please, can anybody tell me how to find information on the famous politicians of the world. Are there any relevant websites? Thanks.

Average income for politicians.. [ 1 Answers ]

What do the following people average in income, per year? I can't find it anywhere on Google, so if anyone knows, please help me out. State representative Senator Governor Mayor Secretary of State/Defense/Treasury President

Politicians ? [ 13 Answers ]

Who is the Patron Saint of Politicians ?

View more questions Search