Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 947, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #1

    Jan 15, 2022, 02:45 PM
    The Psychology of "Fake-News" Advocates
    Fascinating article from POLITICO.



    The fake-news crowd is generally thought to be broadly right-wing. A study of 4,600 participants (see article for study parameters) reveals that is far too general. The study concluded that it is narrowly-focused among those who Politico refers to as “low-conscientiousness conservatives” - LCCs.

    They tend to believe conspiracy theories and false news reports due to their LCC and a “desire for chaos” (see article).

    They then also tend to spread these beliefs among social media. They form political attitudes to serve psychological needs. The needs are expressed in their personalities.

    How to overcome the misinformation within the group is not an easy question to answer.

    https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...ke-news-526973
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 343
    Ultra Member
     
    #2

    Jan 15, 2022, 02:57 PM
    We Found the One Group of Americans Who Are Most Likely to Spread Fake News

    The compliant press . See Russiagate
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,799, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #3

    Jan 15, 2022, 03:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    They tend to believe conspiracy theories and false news reports due to their LCC and a “desire for chaos” (see article).
    And this is part of their everyday life, looking for conspiracies among and false news about friends and extended-family members, and also including neighbors, fellow church members, and other locals.

    What is it in their psychological and sociological processes that need this, that require this?
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 947, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #4

    Jan 15, 2022, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The compliant press . See Russiagate
    A superb example. Thank you. It is to be hoped you will be taken up on your post. Thanks again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What is it in their psychological and sociological processes that need this, that require this?
    The $64,000 question!
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 343
    Ultra Member
     
    #5

    Jan 15, 2022, 04:17 PM
    you can believe I am a "low-conscientiousness conservatives " all you want ,I really don't care .It is just another smear label the left uses

    It was the left that bought into the fake news lies about Trump colluding with Russia, Have you not been paying attention to the compliant press mea culpas for spreading lies about Russiagate ?
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 343
    Ultra Member
     
    #6

    Jan 16, 2022, 05:21 AM
    It is only a conspiracy theory if a conservative thinks it .
    When Evita said the problems Bubba was having was because of a 'vast right wing conspiracy ' it wasn't because she was a LCL (low-consciousness liberal ) .

    When the Dems went bat sh+t crazy advancing the false idea that Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election from Evita despite (as was confirmed later) zero credible evidence supporting them, no “mainstream” narrator of the compliant press referred to House impeachment managers and their cheerleaders as crazy LCL conspiracy theorists.

    But labeling someone a conspiracy theorist became vogue again in the liberal ranks when people concerned about the integrity of the vote ;after scores of last minute changes were made to the rules following covid, began to express their concerns .

    When they accuse conservatives of attempting to overthrow America by undermining elections you have to ask yourself ; Who actually changed rules and laws at the last minute to affect the outcome of the election ?


    I believe in the world of psychology what we are witnessing from the left is called projection.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 4,332, Reputation: 156
    Ultra Member
     
    #7

    Jan 16, 2022, 07:03 AM
    It's Sunday! Time for church. Go to a worship service and participate. We'll become better for it.
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 947, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #8

    Jan 16, 2022, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    It was the left that bought into the fake news lies about Trump colluding with Russia, Have you not been paying attention to the compliant press mea culpas for spreading lies about Russiagate ?
    Yes, I have been paying close attention. Have you? Here's a sampling of your "fake news" re Russia.

    The Senate Intelligence Committee which included 8 Republicans unanimously approved the conclusion that Russia conducted a sweeping and unprecedented campaign to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. Based on a three-year investigation, it found that Putin “approved and directed aspects of this influence campaign,” which “sought to denigrate then-candidate [Hillary] Clinton.” Furthermore, “Putin and the Russian Government demonstrated a preference for candidate Trump. Trump’s campaign operatives certainly tried, but in a bumbling, haphazard way. There were dozens of contacts, including the famous Trump Tower meeting that Donald Trump Jr. set up after being promised dirt on Clinton from someone he was told was representing the Russian government. Then the many issues re Trump's campaign manager Manafort ultimately leading to his conviction and imprisonment. Manafort was one of the several crooks Trump pardoned.

    This is from your favorite “fake news” media – the Washington Post.

    The Durham “investigation” is a joke. It's like Mike Lindell going to have trump reinstated in June … July... August ... etc., and so forth.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 343
    Ultra Member
     
    #9

    Jan 16, 2022, 08:56 AM
    The Durham “investigation” is a joke.
    more projection . You could just as easily conclude that the Mueller investigation was a joke. He knew there was no basis of the claim and still spent months trying to get Trump and associates with 'process crimes '. Manafort was nailed for past tax issues including 5 counts of false tax returns ;2 counts of bank fraud ,and a count of failure to disclose a foreign bank account.

    That Putin tried to influence the election I just have to say 'duh'. That is right up there with the emperor's attempts to influence the Israeli elections . Jeremy Bird, Obama’s operative created a group called “Victory 15” (V 15) The group set up a massive social network and personal contact campaign to defeat Bibi.It was funded by a NGO called 'One Voice' which in turn received funding from the JFKerry State Dept. That is confirmed by a bi-partisan Committee.

    OneVoice Report.pdf (senate.gov)

    The Subcommittee concludes: • OneVoice Israel fully complied with the terms of its State Department grants. OneVoice designed and executed a grassroots and media campaign to promote public support for Israeli-Palestinian peace negotiations for the Department, as it said it would. Under the grant, OneVoice expanded its social media presence, built a larger voter database, and hired an American political consulting firm to train its activists and executives in grassroots organizing methods in support of the Israeli-Palestinian peace process. • The Subcommittee found no evidence that OneVoice spent grant funds to influence the 2015 Israeli elections. Soon after the grant period ended, however, OneVoice used the campaign infrastructure and resources built, in part, with State Department grants funds to support V15. In service of V15, OneVoice deployed its social media platform, which more than doubled during the State Department grant period; used its database of voter contact information, including email addresses, which OVI expanded during grant period; and enlisted its network of trained activists, many of whom were recruited or trained under the grant, to support and recruit for V15. This pivot to electoral politics was consistent with a strategic plan developed by OneVoice leadership and emailed to State Department officials during the grant period. The State Department diplomat who received the plan told the Subcommittee that he never reviewed it. • OneVoice’s use of government-funded resources for political purposes was not prohibited by the grant agreement because the State Department placed no limitations on the post-grant use of those resources. Despite OneVoice’s previous political activism in the 2013 Israeli election, the Department failed to take any steps to guard against the risk that OneVoice could engage in political activities using State-funded grassroots campaign infrastructure after the grant period
    JFKerry had warned Bibi to not meet with a joint session of Congress to lobby for more sanctions of Iran , a move that would work against the emperor's appeasement of the homicidal messianic regime in Tehran. Bibi addressed the joint session anyway . So Bibi had to go. V15's led a 'anyone but Bibi' campaign.

    Anyway it would not be shocking to discover that Putin had preferences. If he preferred Trump he was making an error as Trump was much tougher on Russia and Putin than the emperor ever was ;or that Evita would've been.
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 947, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #10

    Jan 16, 2022, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    more projection
    Your "projection" is the truth for the rest of the world.

    You could just as easily conclude that the Mueller investigation was a joke
    Mueller, as is well-known, stated that it was useless to accuse Trump of a crime since Trump had already declared he was above the law and this illegal position was confirmed by the equally criminal AG Barr. Mueller did list 10 areas of obstruction of justice if and when Trump could be brought to justice. That is in the process of happening now in various jurisdictions. Stay tuned.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 343
    Ultra Member
     
    #11

    Jan 16, 2022, 12:05 PM
    Mueller’s investigation did not find evidence that Trump’s campaign coordinated with Russia to influence the election and did not take a clear position on whether Trump obstructed justice. That last part was to appease the people who contracted him to take Trump out .
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 947, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #12

    Jan 16, 2022, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Mueller’s investigation did not find evidence that Trump’s campaign coordinated with Russia to influence the election and did not take a clear position on whether Trump obstructed justice. That last part was to appease the people who contracted him to take Trump out .
    Mueller did NOT CLAIM he found evidence that Trump's campaign coordinated with Russia. He also stated in no uncertain terms, he was NOT exonerating Trump. Trump then went ahead and claimed he WAS exonerated.

    He took a most clear position on obstruction of justice stating, "while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him".[193][195]
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 4,332, Reputation: 156
    Ultra Member
     
    #13

    Jan 16, 2022, 01:01 PM
    Mueller’s investigation did not find evidence that Trump’s campaign coordinated with Russia...

    Mueller did NOT CLAIM he found evidence that Trump's campaign coordinated with Russia.
    Aren't you saying the same thing Tom said?

    "While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."
    And again here?

    There are those here who run to Momma when they can no longer keep up with a discussion that had become far beyond their abilities. They shall be nameless here so the little *ussy can dry his tears before running to Momma again. Poor baby. They can't keep up with the big boys so they revert to hot tears and Momma. Once a wuss, always a wuss.
    Yet another verification that, "Getting caught in a trap of their own making sure gets some people upset." I guess this is what now passes for a logical, well-reasoned defense made by one of the "boys".
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 343
    Ultra Member
     
    #14

    Jan 16, 2022, 01:06 PM
    he was NOT exonerating Trump.
    It was NEVER Mueller's place to exonerate . His job was to present evidence and/ or to indict if he had evidence. Further his non-exoneration political statement was about the possibility of obstruction .He was clear he found no evidence of Trump collusion with Russia .

    But as you know ;the left chooses to believe whatever conspiracy theory fits their preconceived narrative. Knowing what we know of EVITAs collusion with the Russian working at Brookings Institute ,I would think it is clear by now how the phony narrative about Trump was concocted.
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 947, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #15

    Jan 16, 2022, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    It was NEVER Mueller's place to exonerate
    Only Trump brought up exoneration saying "Mueller exonerated him".

    His job was to present evidence
    He said there was no point in charging Trump because he (Trump) considered himself above the law as long as he was president. The attorney general agreed with him. Two crooks side by side.

    But as you know ;the left chooses to believe whatever conspiracy theory fits their preconceived narrative.
    Talk about projection! There's a typo in that sentence - try "right" instead of "left".

    Knowing what we know of EVITAs collusion with the Russian working at Brookings Institute ,I would think it is clear by now how the phony narrative about Trump was concocted.
    More nonsense. The chief promoter of collusion was Trump himself. To the point of declaring himself exonerated. You can gaslight all you want, but never forget, these days there is plenty of visual and written EVIDENCE available to all who look for it. You can't eliminate the past, try as you might.

    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Yet another verification that, "Getting caught in a trap of their own making sure gets some people upset." I guess this is what now passes for a logical, well-reasoned defense made by one of the "boys".

    Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 343
    Ultra Member
     
    #16

    Jan 17, 2022, 05:25 AM
    More nonsense.
    indeed it was . Evita's attempts to divert attention from her illegal email server appeared at first to be very successful as it suckered her party;the FBI and the compliant press into believing it . But as you say ;the truth is out there and one by one the press is giving their excuses and mea culpas for being deceived . I call it willful ignorance ;but you can only lead a camel to water .
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 4,332, Reputation: 156
    Ultra Member
     
    #17

    Jan 17, 2022, 05:53 AM
    Example of political bias. Donald Trump just HAD to have something to do with 1/6, but Joe Biden is completely innocent of any shady foreign dealings involving his son, Hunter.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 343
    Ultra Member
     
    #18

    Jan 17, 2022, 06:35 AM
    Mueller's investigation cost us $40 million and 22 months to find that there was nothing there there. To the Dems that was a small price to pay because they snookered the public into voting in the Madam Mim House ;and Clueless Joe. The Dems could care less about the collateral damage.

    Evita sought to destroy Trump by paying Christopher Steele to manufacture fantasies. Steele borrowed those fantasies from Brookings Institute's Igor Danchenko (a “primary sub-source” who ironically is a Russian native, makes Evita in fact the one who colluded with Russians)
    She used the compliant press the FBI, the CIA, and the Justice Department to plant the lies She covered her role behind the DNC, the Perkins Coie law firm, and Fusion GPS.

    FBI actors like James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Kevin Clinesmith, destroyed their careers in their obsessions over Trump. They also destroyed the reputation of the FBI.

    The same is true of the CIA as John Brennan spewed the lies and, in the process, made the CIA more fearful to Americans than our enemies fear them

    James Clapper dragged the NIA down with his false charges too.The compliant press spewed the falsehoods too and one by one their talking heads are paying the price.

    Still; the more collusion is proven false the louder they shout it.

    Their false narrative is also affecting our relationship with Russia as my other posting documents. The left in the days of the Soviets were once bed partners with the Russians. As late as the emperor's reign they were trying to have good relations with Russia presenting him a big red 'reset ' button in lieu of real diplomacy. But their electoral deception included demonizing Putin to a point that we are in a more dangerous world than we were when we were toe to toe with our finger on the nuclear trigger.
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 947, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #19

    Jan 17, 2022, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Mueller's investigation cost us $40 million and 22 months to find that there was nothing there there.
    Mueller proved that the Russians did indeed interfere with the 2016 election. He also found 10 instances of obstruction of justice which he left for the time when Trump would not have the protection of the presidential office. Trump and his flunkie Barr claimed (unconsitutionally) that Trump was above the law.

    Trump is now under investigation in various jurisdictions for criminal activities.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 343
    Ultra Member
     
    #20

    Jan 17, 2022, 08:56 AM
    yes I know James in NY is going after his business activities . I guess that follows Mueller's MO too . Find unrelated activities to charge someone with other than your mandate for the investigation . Mueller did manage to charge some Russians that will never be brought to justice over the hacking of the DNC server and some other guy who unwittingly sold Russians bank accounts .The rest of his charges were business related activities or process crimes .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

Suggestions on real independent "world news" websites [ 0 Answers ]

Hi all, I've been looking for a "world news" website which I can read daily. I know some of you might say "hey, there are tens of websites for news" but when you look at them closely, they are mostly not reflecting the truth. Instead, they are influenced by "elite", lobby,Corporations and only...

Fox "News" at it again - caught lying [ 46 Answers ]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/video/video_2324.html?1271360625 It's a good thing O'Reilly researched it. The sad thing is that the viewers of fox news will never see that... because they don't watch anything other than fox news.

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Create "news letter signup" [ 2 Answers ]

You see these everywhere they can't be that hard so what's the skinny? Using DW


View more questions Search