Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben's Avatar
    Curlyben Posts: 18,485, Reputation: 1858
    Admin
     
    #1

    Aug 23, 2020, 11:07 AM
    Mail In Voting Explained, for our American friends
    Rated NSFW or Snowflakes
    Contains some rude words

    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=27...lqujdvp7oZvwA9
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 565, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #2

    Aug 23, 2020, 03:54 PM
    Funny and excellent - right on target! Thank you.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,298, Reputation: 10854
    Expert
     
    #3

    Aug 24, 2020, 08:53 PM
    No Facebooker, so left out of the fun, but the ratings notice probably tells it all.
    Curlyben's Avatar
    Curlyben Posts: 18,485, Reputation: 1858
    Admin
     
    #4

    Aug 24, 2020, 11:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    No Facebooker, so left out of the fun, but the ratings notice probably tells it all.
    Don't need a FB account to join in the fun.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #5

    Aug 25, 2020, 02:50 AM
    Tal I'll sum it up for you . It is an actress pretending to be a postal service employee saying the word 'Bull sh+t 'alot (and some other curses ) .

    Here is the YouTube version
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klUweWE-u6A

    all the this misses the point . The problem with mail in ballots occurred in states that did not have the infrastructure in place to accurately count the ballots . In the Maloney race in NY ,after a 3 week + count; in a primary contest where many fewer ballots were cast than in a general election ,more ballots were tossed for various reasons than the difference in the race between Maloney and Patel . In Patterson NJ a judge just decided ,even though there was clear ballot tampering with charges that should disqualify the candidate ;that there should be a new election . It had nothing to do with USPS ability to handle extra mail .
    Curlyben's Avatar
    Curlyben Posts: 18,485, Reputation: 1858
    Admin
     
    #6

    Aug 25, 2020, 03:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Tal I'll sum it up for you . It is an actress pretending to be a postal service employee saying the word 'Bull sh+t 'alot .
    Almost, they are calling out the claims on mail voting fraud and how the service is currently being run into the ground by the latest presidential appointee..
    Odd that most of the rest of the free world has absolutely no problems with such voting methods, it's the means the entire armed services and even the Trumps vote, yet the adverse claims are completely unsubstantiated.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #7

    Aug 25, 2020, 03:34 AM
    Curly ,of course absentee balloting has been in place for years ;where the voter REQUESTS a ballot to fill out . You do realize of course that they are set aside and not even counted unless the contest is too close to call without counting them . So mostly the armed service ballots are treated as provisional . When Trump calls out the possibility of fraud it is not because he does not believe the service can handle the load . He does not trust the fact that ballots are being sent out whether requested or not to unverified and often rolls that are not updated . I can't tell you how often I get mail delivered to my address to the previous owner even years after they moved out and I moved in . See above I added to my comments to tal . In the Maloney race 20% of the mail in ballots were disqualified . So when you say other nations do it ;that is all well and good. We can do if the infrastructure is in place . That doesn't happen over night or in the 9 months from when the virus first manifested itself here . Some states have had mail in balloting and I'm sure they will do as well as always . Most states do not and have not even come close to addressing the simple fact that instead of having a machine doing the count ;they all will be counted by humans . You think hanging chads were a nightmare ? Wait until you get a load of this ! Florida 2000 in all 50 states .
    Curlyben's Avatar
    Curlyben Posts: 18,485, Reputation: 1858
    Admin
     
    #8

    Aug 25, 2020, 03:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Curly ,of course absentee balloting has been in place for years ;where the voter REQUESTS a ballot to fill out . You do realize of course that they are set aside and not even counted unless the contest is too close to call without counting them . So mostly the armed service ballots are treated as provisional . When Trump calls out the possibility of fraud it is not because he does not believe the service can handle the load . He does not trust the fact that ballots are being sent out whether requested or not to unverified and often rolls that are not updated . I can't tell you how often I get mail delivered to my address to the previous owner even years after they moved out and I moved in . See above I added to my comments to tal . In the Maloney race 20% of the mail in ballots were disqualified . So when you say other nations do it ;that is all well and good. We can do if the infrastructure is in place . That doesn't happen over night or in the 9 months from when the virus first manifested itself here . Some states have had mail in balloting and I'm sure they will do as well as always . Most states do not and have not even come close to addressing the simple fact that instead of having a machine doing the count ;they all will be counted by humans . You think hanging chads were a nightmare ? Wait until you get a load of this ! Florida 2000 in all 50 states .
    That's great, however, as usual, the rhetoric is getting in the way of the message.
    The linked vid is from an Australian firm based on how they see the situation.
    It is rather concerning that a, supposed, World leading country doesn't have the infrastructure in place to deal with this straightforward part of the democratic process, especially during a pandemic.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #9

    Aug 25, 2020, 04:23 AM
    Reality is what reality is . States run elections in our system .Converting to a vote by mail system is arduous and expensive, and most states simply aren’t set up to smoothly conduct a mail election with their present resources and laws. Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah and Washington are the only states that have default mail in systems . 29 states (plus DC) give voters the option to vote by 'no excuse' absentee voting in federal elections, but the the voter must request a ballot (I think that should be a minimal requirement ) . 16 states require voters to provide a valid excuse if they want to vote by mail, although this year, some states may accept concerns around the coronavirus as an excuse. As is the case in a Federal system ;it is a patchwork of laws and systems . The dictator in New Jersey recently proclaimed that they will flood the state with mail in ballots ;and even more perverted ,they would count the ballots of people who make the effort to go and cast their ballots at their polling location ,as provisional ballots . Concerning or not ,States just can’t just snap their fingers and pull off a mail election on a dime. But that is exactly what they are attempting to do . I see a disaster .You think this summer is hot ? Wait to you see the 'peaceful protests ' in a contested Presidential election if the decision is delayed a few weeks or more .
    paraclete's Avatar
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member
     
    #10

    Aug 25, 2020, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Reality is what reality is . States run elections in our system .Converting to a vote by mail system is arduous and expensive, and most states simply aren’t set up to smoothly conduct a mail election with their present resources and laws. Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah and Washington are the only states that have default mail in systems . 29 states (plus DC) give voters the option to vote by 'no excuse' absentee voting in federal elections, but the the voter must request a ballot (I think that should be a minimal requirement ) . 16 states require voters to provide a valid excuse if they want to vote by mail, although this year, some states may accept concerns around the coronavirus as an excuse. As is the case in a Federal system ;it is a patchwork of laws and systems . The dictator in New Jersey recently proclaimed that they will flood the state with mail in ballots ;and even more perverted ,they would count the ballots of people who make the effort to go and cast their ballots at their polling location ,as provisional ballots . Concerning or not ,States just can’t just snap their fingers and pull off a mail election on a dime. But that is exactly what they are attempting to do . I see a disaster .You think this summer is hot ? Wait to you see the 'peaceful protests ' in a contested Presidential election if the decision is delayed a few weeks or more .
    What you are saying Tom is you don't want to move into the twentieth century, let alone the twenty-first century, and make truth about the idea that every vote counts. You want to remain in this eighteenth century wonderland because it might elect someone who agrees with your views, even if that person subverts the system
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,298, Reputation: 10854
    Expert
     
    #11

    Aug 25, 2020, 07:04 AM
    Finally scrolled down to see the video, duh, and find out what all the BS is about, rather amusing really, and I can see why the dufus would be scared sh1tless with the thought of millions of people voting against his 3 years of BS rather easily.

    Dropping your ballots in a rich neighborhood mailbox was a novel idea, but humor aside, good luck to the dufus and repubs trying to scare up enough votes by hook and crook to convince the people hardest hit by the economy destroying virus with no jobs, losing homes and businesses, why their check ain't in the mail.

    Hope you enjoy the red meat repubs convention Tom.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #12

    Aug 25, 2020, 07:14 AM
    There is a process for change. Let the Dems propose the amendment that scraps our electoral system and Federal Republic and see how far they get . If the Dems gave a rat's a$$ about every vote counting then they would not dilute the legitimate vote . They would favor voter id .They would favor confirming that only eligible voters are on the rolls . They would not have same day registration .They would not allow people to harvest ballots and often filling them in when they are not the person on the card .Even the LA Slime ;which favors California's law ,admitted that the system .
    "the Democrats set themselves up for exactly these kinds of allegations when they passed what really is an overly-permissive ballot collection law. It was written without sufficient safeguards, and suspicions of abuse were inevitable."....https://web.archive.org/web/20191104...207-story.html


    They would not have the Governor of New Jersey proclaiming that votes at the polling places only count as provisional ballots .
    I don't know if those are issues in Australia .But they are here .
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,298, Reputation: 10854
    Expert
     
    #13

    Aug 25, 2020, 07:29 AM
    We'll just ignore all the voter ID laws struck down in Texas, or the confessions of the repubs to suppress the vote for their guys over the years, or the NC dude caught committing vote fraud that triggered a new election. We'll just trust the dufus and repubs hollering voter fraud with NO EVIDENCE to back up the claim.

    Where's the lawsuit in the case in NY you cited?
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #14

    Aug 25, 2020, 04:35 PM
    why their check ain't in the mail.
    because Madam Mim called the House back to vote on a bogus USPS bailout instead of extending the relief benefits ?



    Where's the lawsuit in the case in NY you cited?
    here ya go

    https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/suraj-...h-rep-maloney/

    https://queenseagle.com/all/maloney-...wsuit-resolved
    We'll just trust the dufus and repubs hollering voter fraud with NO EVIDENCE to back up the claim.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/20/polit...aud/index.html

    https://www.njherald.com/news/202006...ing-new-jersey

    https://www.nj.com/passaic-county/20...man-elect.html

    New Jersey was better than NY . They only did not count 1 in 10 ballots .

    https://www.njspotlight.com/2020/06/...ail-elections/
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #15

    Aug 25, 2020, 06:27 PM
    Evita .......“‘Biden should not concede under any circumstances because I think this is going to drag out.”

    Can the Dems make their game plan any more obvious ??

    To reiterate ... if there is no declared winner on Jan 20 2021 ,Madam Mim becomes acting President under the 20th Amendment (assuming that the next Congress is seated and the Dems win the House majority )
    paraclete's Avatar
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member
     
    #16

    Aug 25, 2020, 07:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post

    Can the Dems make their game plan any more obvious ??

    Yes Tom it is just a game of thrones what you are saying is there is no true separation between the house and the presidency
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #17

    Aug 26, 2020, 04:44 AM
    'Game of Thrones' meets 'House of Cards'
    paraclete's Avatar
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member
     
    #18

    Aug 26, 2020, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    'Game of Thrones' meets 'House of Cards'
    More likely house of cads
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #19

    Aug 26, 2020, 07:25 AM
    with the head cad being Madam Mim Pelosi
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,298, Reputation: 10854
    Expert
     
    #20

    Aug 26, 2020, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Evita .......“‘Biden should not concede under any circumstances because I think this is going to drag out.”

    Can the Dems make their game plan any more obvious ??

    To reiterate ... if there is no declared winner on Jan 20 2021 ,Madam Mim becomes acting President under the 20th Amendment (assuming that the next Congress is seated and the Dems win the House majority )
    Now Tom, dems would be remiss if they weren't ready for any antics the dufus will pull. He has a lot at stake like his freedom and fortune if he loses. Making that happen is the dems game plan! DUH!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

African American/Voting? [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how voting was back then and who could vote. What did African American go through to vote and also women. How hard was it for them to vote and what did they do get the right to vote.

How to block friends g mail accounts [ 2 Answers ]

I want block friends gmail acc

American friends now [ 3 Answers ]

I really want friends from america and europe

How can I hack my friends e mail ids [ 2 Answers ]

Give me d software which is hacking the e mail Ids

What happened? American Idol Public voting? [ 46 Answers ]

Melinda the best singer gets voted out. I am in shock.


View more questions Search