Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 343
    Ultra Member
     
    #1

    Jan 7, 2022, 06:19 AM
    Facebook cancels Reagan
    FB had a permanent ban on children's book publisher Heroes of Liberty . Heroes of Liberty publishes children's books ; biographies of such figures as Ronald Reagan, Amy Coney Barrett, and economist Thomas Sowell .

    When called out on it, FB claimed the ban was in error.
    Facebook reinstates conservative Heroes of Liberty account (nypost.com)

    Some rabid lefty in FB employ pulled the trigger in their zeal to censor conservatives . In this case Heroes of Liberty had already paid FB for advertising and that is the real reason they were reinstated . Someone at FB reviewed an appeal by the publisher and still slapped it with a permanent ban. So it was not an 'error' .It was a deliberate act of censorship.

    Apparently, an illustrated biography celebrating the achievements of President Reagan is no longer permissible according to our Big Tech cultural overlords,” Mandel wrote. “They have informed us that our content is ‘disruptive’ and locked our ad account, our data banks, our digital assets.
    “They sunk our investment just like that, with a curt e-mail message. We appealed and were informed that the decision is final and permanent,” she added.


    Big tech not only censors content of their sites ;they conspire to shut down competing conservative platforms and now their censorship is in books their ideologues oppose. Their actions are and should be covered by anti-trust provisions that already exist in the law ;or new laws addressing their monopolistic behavior have to be passed ;and special protections written into the law for them eliminated
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,328, Reputation: 10855
    Expert
     
    #2

    Jan 7, 2022, 09:23 AM
    The key part of your article was reinstated. You wingers should take a lesson for common sense while you double down on conflation and look for matches to burn library books. Amazing how easily you engage in stuff you accuse others of doing.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 343
    Ultra Member
     
    #3

    Jan 7, 2022, 11:26 AM
    example please . The remedy for bad speech is more speech not suppressing it .
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,799, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #4

    Jan 7, 2022, 11:34 AM
    Conservatives want to eliminate library books about LGBT+ issues.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 343
    Ultra Member
     
    #5

    Jan 7, 2022, 11:40 AM
    I don't want those books "eliminated " . I just don't want them part of school curriculum.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 4,332, Reputation: 156
    Ultra Member
     
    #6

    Jan 7, 2022, 11:49 AM
    Conservatives want to eliminate library books about LGBT+ issues.
    There is not a shred of evidence for that. We've already discussed it here. It was ONE repub in Texas who simply requested information. There has been no talk about burning books. The great objection was to PORN that was made available to middle schoolers including a book that described and pictured men and boys engaged in sex.

    I don't really know what it means to "double down on conflation" as regards to anything repubs are trying to do.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,799, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #7

    Jan 7, 2022, 12:25 PM
    So it's just fine with conservatives that fiction and non-fiction books about LGBT+ issues are available to any age in public and school libraries?
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 343
    Ultra Member
     
    #8

    Jan 7, 2022, 02:44 PM
    Internet providers, in their argument for 230 clause protection, stated that they didn't have the technology to monitor and edit the content on their sites, as such they should not be held responsible.That is clearly no longer the case.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 4,332, Reputation: 156
    Ultra Member
     
    #9

    Jan 7, 2022, 04:15 PM
    So it's just fine with conservatives that fiction and non-fiction books about LGBT+ issues are available to any age in public and school libraries?
    The allegation was that cons wanted to burn books. You then said that cons wanted to eliminate them. Neither one of you has so much as a speck of evidence for either claim. Cons have been very clear that the objection was to porn books that glorified sex between men and boys, an activity that is illegal to begin with. You have actually never said whether or not you oppose young children reading porn. Perhaps you can clear that up now.

    I'm OK with books about the LBGT deal as long as both sides of the argument are represented. You OK with that?
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,799, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #10

    Jan 7, 2022, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The allegation was that cons wanted to burn books. You then said that cons wanted to eliminate them. Neither one of you has so much as a speck of evidence for either claim. Cons have been very clear that the objection was to porn books that glorified sex between men and boys, an activity that is illegal to begin with. You have actually never said whether or not you oppose young children reading porn. Perhaps you can clear that up now.
    What about sex between two men? two women?
    I'm OK with books about the LBGT deal as long as both sides of the argument are represented. You OK with that?
    What are "both sides of the argument"?
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 4,332, Reputation: 156
    Ultra Member
     
    #11

    Jan 7, 2022, 04:42 PM
    What about sex between two men? two women?
    Not sure what your point is. If it's a description, then children shouldn't read it. If it's simply mentioned, then fine. But even at that, the parents should have a big say in it.

    You have yet to say if books describing adult men taking advantage of boys in an illegal manner should be in a middle school library. Care to comment?

    What are "both sides of the argument"?
    The fact that many religions regard homosexual behavior to be immoral should be mentioned. The fact that there is no genetic connection to homosexuality should be mentioned. The fact that men and women are clearly made to be sexual partners with members of the opposite sex should be mentioned. The fact that many children, teens, and young adults consider themselves to be homosexuals but then change and live their lives as heterosexuals should be mentioned.

    What do you think so far?
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,799, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #12

    Jan 7, 2022, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You have yet to say if books describing adult men taking advantage of boys in an illegal manner should be in a middle school library. Care to comment?
    As a negative, yes. The parents, who have been previously alerted, or even have the books available on a "parent shelf", can then discuss that sort of situation with their children.
    The fact that many religions regard homosexual behavior to be immoral should be mentioned. The fact that there is no genetic connection to homosexuality should be mentioned. The fact that men and women are clearly made to be sexual partners with members of the opposite sex should be mentioned. The fact that many children, teens, and young adults consider themselves to be homosexuals but then change and live their lives as heterosexuals should be mentioned.
    Yep! And other misunderstandings should be discussed also. And be sure to research and discuss the science. And what happened to binary in Genesis 3.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,328, Reputation: 10855
    Expert
     
    #13

    Jan 7, 2022, 05:15 PM
    I can make a clear distinction between a school library and a public one.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,799, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #14

    Jan 7, 2022, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I can make a clear distinction between a school library and a public one.
    Yes, and a school library will have a special collection for parents, not for students.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 4,332, Reputation: 156
    Ultra Member
     
    #15

    Jan 7, 2022, 07:35 PM
    And be sure to research and discuss the science.
    You mean like this?

    "The fact that there is no genetic connection to homosexuality should be mentioned. The fact that men and women are clearly made to be sexual partners with members of the opposite sex should be mentioned. The fact that many children, teens, and young adults consider themselves to be homosexuals but then change and live their lives as heterosexuals should be mentioned."

    Now perhaps you can respond to them with some specifics?

    And what happened to binary in Genesis 3.
    Nothing. Still there like it always was. Your idle (idol?) speculation means nothing.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,799, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #16

    Jan 7, 2022, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You mean like this?
    "The fact that there is no genetic connection to homosexuality should be mentioned....
    Nope, not genetics. Hormones.
    Nothing. Still there like it always was. Your idle (idol?) speculation means nothing.
    I've posted this before. God created humankind as binary. Adam and Eve, enjoying their God-given free will, pushed the universe toward unlimited possibilities.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 4,332, Reputation: 156
    Ultra Member
     
    #17

    Jan 7, 2022, 08:02 PM
    Nope, not genetics. Hormones.
    Would you like to take a guess as to what determines which hormones are produced? If you answer "genetics", then you get to move to the front of the line.

    I've posted this before. God created humankind as binary. Adam and Eve, enjoying their God-given free will, pushed the universe toward unlimited possibilities.
    Except that the Bible does not say that. So again, it is idle/idol speculation by you.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,799, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #18

    Jan 7, 2022, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Would you like to take a guess as to what determines which hormones are produced? If you answer "genetics", then you get to move to the front of the line.
    Nope. You're wrong. Genetics have nothing to do q with hormones that are injected into or given to the pregnant woman. Genetics has nothing to do with LGBT+ issues. Now, if you want to talk about Asperger's syndrome and genetics, let's grab some coffee and go into the staff room.
    Except that the Bible does not say that. So again, it is idle/idol speculation by you.
    Oh, yes, it and so much more came from that activity.
    jlisenbe's Avatar
    jlisenbe Posts: 4,332, Reputation: 156
    Ultra Member
     
    #19

    Jan 7, 2022, 08:40 PM
    Nope. You're wrong. Genetics have nothing to fo with hormones that are injected into or given to the pregnant woman.
    So you are really trying to say that homosexual men came from mothers who had hormones injected into them? Really? You do realize how easy it is to dismiss such a silly idea?

    Genetics has nothing to do with LGBT+ issues.
    Which is exactly what I said. Thanks for the support.

    Oh, yes, it and so much more came from that activity.
    The Bible does not say that. If it did, you would have quoted it. You didn't, and that speaks volumes.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,799, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #20

    Jan 7, 2022, 09:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    So you are really trying to say that homosexual men came from mothers who had hormones injected into them? Really? You do realize how easy it is to dismiss such a silly idea?
    No, it's often the transgender beginning.
    The Bible does not say that. If it did, you would have quoted it. You didn't, and that speaks volumes.
    So when did all the turmoil of life begin?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

Trump is no Reagan ...and he certainly is no conservative Republican [ 45 Answers ]

Look, Mr. Trump is not Ronald Reagan, I said. Reagan served two full terms as the governor of a state so vast that if it were a country it would have been one of the important economies in the world. He was a union president who served seven terms during the most fraught time in Hollywood’s history...

Talk about a messiah. Get ready for Reagan revisionism. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: Rush Limprod often holds up Reagan as the ideal for conservatives to live up to. He claims that Reagan generated tremendous economic growth, cut taxes, and played a huge role in defeating the Soviets during the Cold War. However, when confronted with Reagan's ACTUAL record, which...

The spirit of Reagan lives [ 14 Answers ]

... in Rhode Island. Unionized teachers making 3 times the income of the average citizen in a Rhode Island town won't take an extra 25 minutes a day to help their failing students, so the Superintendent fired them all. Every teacher, every administrator. Sweet.

From Reagan to Nationalization of Banking System [ 23 Answers ]

We see the unavoidable death of the so called "Reagan Revolution" started in 1980. We are just days of weeks away from having to have our banking system Nationalized(run by the national government) because of the reckless and unregulated fat cats actions leading to our current failing economic...

Reagan and spending [ 6 Answers ]

Why do republicans keep talking about reagan cutting spending and reducing government, when numbers show just the opposite?


View more questions Search