Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 941, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #1

    Jan 27, 2022, 08:55 PM
    DeSantis Picks Oddball Doc to Run Florida Health
    Refusing to answer simple questions re the effectiveness of vaccines against Covid, Dr. Joseph Ladapo was evasive and deliberately confusing to questions from the Florida Senate committee hearing on Ladapo's nomination to Surgeon General by Republican governor DeSantis.

    Repeatedly asked if the vaccine was effective against Covid, he could not answer directly or with a simple yes or no. Each time he gave a rambling answer about anything but the covid vaccine. The performance was so bad the questioners finally walked out of the meeting.

    Ladapo has claimed he treated Covid patients at the UCLA Medical center. The UCLA medical center could not confirm Dr. Ladapo's claim. Ladapo was also associated with the notorious press conference sponsored by “America's Frontline Doctors” in front of the US Supreme Court steps in 2020.

    At that press conference Ladapo's collegue Dr. Stella Immanuel claimed that ovary cancer was caused by Satanic sex demons. She also has claimed that the government is riddled with “alien DNA from space”. When Facebook took down her page because of misinformation, Immanuel threatened Facebook “in Jesus name” that she would take down Facebook.

    After that press conference, former president Trump said the group was “very impressive”.

    When Ladapo continued to be evasive and refuse to directly answer questions at his confirmation hearing, the Democrats left the meeting as serving no purpose.

    This is another example of the Republican Trump Cult in action.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #2

    Jan 28, 2022, 04:10 AM
    He said the vax is effective in reducing hospitalization . But it's has no long term effectiveness against getting covid .

    "So what I would say is that the most commonly used vaccines in the United States which would be the Pfizer product and the product that was developed by Moderna have been shown to have relatively high effectiveness for the prevention of hospitalization and death. And over time, relatively low, low protection from infection"

    It was State Senator Lauren Book who was the shrill incoherent actor at the meeting before the Dems stormed out of the meeting .

    DeSantis not only made the vax available to everyone in Florida but has also been a leader in trying to get all effective therapies available to the people of the state . For some reason it is the deep state that is the biggest obstacle to bringing effective therapies to the people of America . I wonder why .

    Florida is in the lead of living with covid and preserving liberty . This is opposed to the Dems plan of 'permanent pandemic ' with all the related draconian state mandates and restrictions .

    A bit of history ...Lapido is a native of Nigeria. His parents brought him to the U.S. when he was 5 His father was a microbiologist and pursued an academic career. Lapido studied chemistry at Wake Forest Then went to Harvard and earned a medical degree and a doctorate in health policy. After a stint at New York University, he landed at UCLA, where he did both research and clinical work. Two years ago he found himself treating covid patients at the university’s hospital . That is a fact .

    So he is NOT the "oddball" described in the posting and the claim against his work at the hospital is made by the typical compliant press' unnamed sources .Why would they need to hide their names ? Are we to believe MSNBC when they say their sources are reliable ?

    Dr. Ladapo’s characterization of his work is contradicted by the sources who worked at the same UCLA flagship hospital. They spoke to MSNBC on the condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak on the record, but their credentials were independently verified.
    UCLA sources: DeSantis's handpicked surgeon general mischaracterized his experience treating Covid-19 patients (msnbc.com)

    They could be janitors for all we know . There is no compelling reason to remain anonymous if there was a smidgeon of validity to their claim. It is not some kind of national secret they are protecting .


    2 years ago Lapido predicted that the virus wasn't going to go away with a couple of weeks shut down . He was right .

    Are coronavirus shutdowns worth it if public health system unprepared?(usatoday.com)
    Here is my prescription for local and state leaders: Keep shutdowns short, keep the economy going, keep schools in session, keep jobs intact, and focus single-mindedly on building the capacity we need to survive this into our health care system.
    It is the Dems and the compliant press who have created this narrative that the way to end the pandemic is vax ... repeated boosters ... carrying around vax papers to live something close to a normal life ...endless masking...keeping kids out of classrooms ....destroying the economy and making up for it by inflation causing gimmees.... bread crumbs to the pigeons... while the cost of bread and other essentials skyrocket .
    Now I doubt USA Today would permit his op ed to be published in the group think mentality of the compliant press.
    But WSJ still has the courage to publish his writings

    The point of life is living, and everyone is better off with policies that focus on protecting the most vulnerable populations. That doesn’t take universal rapid testing or never-ending mandates. It requires only abandoning fear, being sensible about who is targeted for testing and protections, expanding treatment capacity and therapies—and choosing to live with the virus, rather than to live for it.
    How to Live With Covid, Not for It - WSJ

    I for one became sick and tired of having to sneak into and out of NY just so I could buy a home out of state . Florida’s policies didn’t stop covid, but neither did other states’ restrictive ones. The difference is that people in Florida live free,
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 941, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #3

    Jan 28, 2022, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    It was State Senator Lauren Book who was the shrill incoherent actor at the meeting
    There was nothing incoherent or shrill about her. In a calm voice, she asked, "Is the covid vacccine effective against the virus"? She asked the same question four times - each time Ladapo not answering her question. If you claim she was shrill and incoherent, clearly you did not watch the hearing.

    he landed at UCLA, where he did both research and clinical work. Two years ago he found himself treating covid patients at the university’s hospital . That is a fact
    That is NOT a fact. The university has no record of his treating covid patients. The medical staff that DID treat covid patients say he never worked with them.

    So he is NOT the "oddball" described in the posting
    Watch his performance at the hearing and then say he's not an oddball. His answers are oddball priceless!

    It is the Dems and the compliant press who have created this narrative that the way to end the pandemic is vax ... repeated boosters ...
    It is the SCIENCE that promotes vaccination.

    Tom, whenever the facts dispute your ideology, you scream compliant press or liberal Democrats or some such other non-responsive slur against the truth. Try fighting facts with facts, not biases!
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #4

    Jan 28, 2022, 09:52 AM
    I applaud DeSantis and his is my favorite to be the next POTUS in 3 years .
    That is NOT a fact. The university has no record of his treating covid patients. The medical staff that DID treat covid patients say he never worked with them.
    Who were they ? Do you have a name :or are you relying on MSNBCs reporting from unnamed sources ? I think their source was the dish washer in the hospital cafeteria .
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,679, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #5

    Jan 28, 2022, 10:26 AM
    From Wikipedia:

    During the COVID-19 pandemic, Ladapo promoted unproven treatments, opposed COVID-19 vaccine requirements, questioned the safety of COVID-19 vaccines, and associated with America's Frontline Doctors, a far-right group known for promoting falsehoods about the pandemic.[17][18][19][20] In a March 24, 2020, opinion column in USA Today, Ladapo wrote that he "spent the past week taking care of patients with COVID-19 at UCLA's flagship hospital", an assertion he repeated in a later column published by the Wall Street Journal.[21][22] However, UCLA staff scheduling records from that time period reportedly did not show him assigned to treat COVID patients.[23]
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 941, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #6

    Jan 28, 2022, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I applaud DeSantis and his is my favorite to be the next POTUS in 3 years
    DeSantis is a typical out of control Republican. I'll present facts when you do.

    I think their source was the dish washer in the hospital cafeteria .
    Do you have his name? Or are you simply relying on what someone else said?
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #7

    Jan 28, 2022, 12:26 PM
    Here is the cite Wiki used

    UCLA sources: Joseph Ladapo did not treat COVID-19 patients (floridapolitics.com)

    here is Madcow's segment

    Sources dispute Florida surgeon general's claims about treating Covid patients at UCLA (msnbc.com)

    Rachel Madcow cited hospital records she never produced but claimed to have.
    She cites unnamed colleagues . Sorry I would need more proof than Madcow's shoddy reporting .


    The unproven treatments Wiki speaks about ; specifically Ivermectin is used world wide to treat covid patients .
    What you should ask is why it works for the rest of the world but is "unproven " in the USA ?
    Does it have something about bigPharma influence on policy makers ?







    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 941, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #8

    Jan 28, 2022, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The unproven treatments Wiki speaks about ; specifically Ivermectin is used world wide to treat covid patients .
    Why do you promote a treatment not tested and fight against a proven vaccine that has saved millions? Do you object to governments promoting ivermectin?
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,679, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #9

    Jan 28, 2022, 01:08 PM
    Tomder, you slyly omitted Wikipedia's reference #23. Hmm....
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #10

    Jan 28, 2022, 01:40 PM
    All # 23 does (which I did link to ) is reference Madcow's segment.

    UCLA sources: Joseph Ladapo did not treat COVID-19 patients (floridapolitics.com)

    Why do you promote a treatment not tested and fight against a proven vaccine that has saved millions? Do you object to governments promoting ivermectin?
    The rest of the world uses Ivermectin because it is effective AND INEXPENSIVE .
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 941, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #11

    Jan 28, 2022, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The rest of the world uses Ivermectin because it is effective AND INEXPENSIVE .
    That's not what I asked you.

    Why do you promote a treatment not tested and fight against a proven vaccine that has saved millions? Do you object to governments promoting ivermectin?
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #12

    Jan 28, 2022, 02:00 PM
    Millions of lives are being saved with Ivermectin . That's proof enough for me . You should ask yourself why our government takes such a strong stand against it .



    I think their source was the dish washer in the hospital cafeteria .

    Do you have his name? Or are you simply relying on what someone else said?
    I have as much proof as Rachel Madcow provided
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 941, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #13

    Jan 28, 2022, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Millions of lives are being saved with Ivermectin . That's proof enough for me .
    Show the numbers in the countries you are citing.

    You should ask yourself why our government takes such a strong stand against it
    Simple. Because the science (clinical trials) is not in yet. No position either/or is taken.

    I have as much proof as Rachel Madcow provided
    Wrong. You gave zero proof. Maddow gave sources contacted directly at the hospital. You have the right not to believe her, but not to do the same thing you are accusing her of.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #14

    Jan 28, 2022, 04:28 PM
    Simple. Because the science (clinical trials) is not in yet.
    and that stopped the vax approval under emergency authorization ? Clinical trials takes years . But the vax was approved for use in a couple months.
    Maddow gave sources contacted directly at the hospital.
    Who ? Why should I believe her when she claims her sources are credible ? Remember when she falsely claimed that hospitals in Oklahoma were overwhelmed with patients with bad reactions to Ivermectin ;causing gun shot victims to have to wait for treatment ? It was an outright lie .
    When it was proven false she still refused to delete Tweets she made based on her lie .

    She also falsely reported that the vax stops covid " dead in it's tracks"
    A vaccinated person gets exposed to the virus, the virus does not infect them, the virus cannot then use that person to go anywhere else," "It cannot use a vaccinated person as a host to go get more people."

    LIE !!

    Even an emperor appointed judged determined that Madcow's audience realized that her comedy hour consists of exaggeration, hyperbole, and pure opinion, and therefore would not assume that such outlandish accusations are factually true even when she uses the language of certainty and truth when presenting them
    Microsoft Word - 19cv1713 - Mtn Strike anti-SLAPP final.docx (timesofsandiego.com)

    Russiagate has been proven to be a fraud. Yet Madcow clings to the narrative .
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 941, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #15

    Jan 28, 2022, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Russiagate has been proven to be a fraud. Yet Madcow clings to the narrative .
    Rant on, Tom.

    The bottom line - vaxxing is by far the best treatment for COVID-19. Bar none.

    PS - Russiagate has NOT been "proven to be a fraud". Read Mueller's report.

    You failed to show the numbers in the countries you are citing.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #16

    Jan 28, 2022, 05:42 PM
    I will not waste my time giving you EVERY country that uses the drug for covid

    The largest democracy on the planet ;India does . So does Japan Brazil ;and many other countries .

    This peer reviewed study of Brazil use in the city of Itajai in southern Brazil released this week concludes ivermectin was associated with significant reduced covid infection ,hospitalization and death . (page 13)

    Ivermectin study Brazil.pdf | DocDroid


    In a citywide ivermectin program with prophylactic, optional ivermectin use for COVID-19, ivermectin was
    associated with significantly reduced COVID-19 infection, hospitalization, and death rates from COVID-19.
    200,000 people were observed, and the results are clear. The risk of infection, severe cases, or mortality is lower:

    44% reduction in risk of infection;
    56% reduction in risk of hospitalization (this may be comparable to the severe form of the disease);
    68% reduction in risk of death
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,679, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #17

    Jan 28, 2022, 06:06 PM
    I'll help you out, tomder.

    (From an article on July 29, 2021)

    "Twenty countries are using Ivermectin to treat Covid-19. They include Mexico, Guatemala, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Portugal, Nigeria, and Egypt. In South Africa doctors are allowed to prescribe Ivermectin, but it is not being rolled out everywhere and in hospitals and clinics.

    According to Jackie Stone, a doctor in Zimbabwe, since January – when Ivermectin began to be used – it has cut COVID hospital admissions and deaths over 70%."
    https://www.biznews.com/health/2021/...ctin-treatment
    Athos's Avatar
    Athos Posts: 941, Reputation: 55
    Senior Member
     
    #18

    Jan 28, 2022, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I will not waste my time giving you EVERY country that uses the drug for covid ]

    Tom, this thread was about the refusal of DeSantis' pick for Surgeon General to answer simple direct questions about the effectiveness of the Covid vaccine. He refused 4 times, and with each refusal became more and more discomfited and confused. DeSantis made a bizarre pick.

    Then you went off on a rant about ivermectin. I should have known better not to follow into that deflection from the topic. Anyway, the efficacy of the vaccine is far better than ivermectin.The current cases are 95% among the unvaccinated.
    tomder55's Avatar
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 342
    Ultra Member
     
    #19

    Jan 29, 2022, 01:17 AM
    CDC: Most omicron patients young and vaccinated | khou.com

    Then you went off on a rant about ivermectin
    pointing out one of the lies in Madcow's unsourced rant that was linked to in Wiki (post 5 )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

Fla Guv DeSantis sends message to Quid [ 3 Answers ]

DeSantis signed new anti-mandate legislation today in a town called Brandon, Florida.

Name of oddball movie from late 90's [ 3 Answers ]

I think this movie is about kidnapped girl or boy or both. They are taken to Mexico and kept by a witch. I think it is like a twisted Hansel and Gretel. There is also a father (maybe) or a cop that is searching for kids. Then there is a semi truck with harvested organs... I think they are for a...

Can health insurance be cancelled yrs later (Florida) if I omitted facts on applicatn [ 5 Answers ]

I have had health insurance with Blue Cross of Florida for 5 years. If I omitted facts on the initial application, can this policy be cancelled even after 5 years? I thought I was protected by ERISA regulations after 2 years, but lawyer friend told me this may not be so.

Health insurance in Florida(No deductibles) [ 2 Answers ]

My wife 57 has had vistahealth HMO plan of Florida $487.00 monthly. No deductibles but Co-payment is $20.00 primary/ $40.00 Specialist. But next year they want to Raise the monthly premium to $562.00 a month. That is going to far for me. The focused deductible plan is a little cheaper $467.00. ...

Florida Child Support - Health Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I am a non-custodial parent that is ordered to provide health insurance and pay 75% of medical expenses for my two boys. My X has refused to properly return documents to the insurance company so that claims can be paid. I am now required to pay 75% of $6000.00 of medical expenses because the...


View more questions Search