Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    ochoaswoman's Avatar
    ochoaswoman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 31, 2009, 10:34 PM
    Where to find the document that states restored rights
    This is the second timethat I have sent this question. I need help and I need it in a hurry.
    In 1985 I was convicted of statitory rape. I didn't end up going to prison until 1976. In Washington the law the requires one to register did not go into effect until 1990. When I got out of prison I moved to Oregon and went and registered as required. Sometime in 76 or 77 I received a letter that I am assuming came from Washington state. The letter said that my rights were restored and that I no longer had to register nor should have had to register because it wasn't granfathered in. So technically I should not have had to register in Washington.
    6 years ago I moved to Arizona. Arizonas law requires that if you have to register in the state that you are convicted then you have to register for life. I know that this document exists but nobody seems to be able to find it or tell me where I can find it.
    I've been on probation for twwo years now and nothing has ever been said to me. Now they want to lock me up in prison for 4.5 to 7 years if I can't find this document.
    Please if there ever was someone who desperately needs help in a hurry it would be me.
    I understand that no one really likes to help people convicted of a sex crime, A conviction doesn't always make someone guilty. I've had to deal with this for the last 24 years, I thought it was all behind me. You have no idea how badly this has messes with my life, my family and worst of all my mental state. Lets just say I'm standind on the edge someone needs to push or pull because my balance is bad and I feel myself slipping every minute.
    Please give me some kind of advice. MY conviction was under the name of Terri May but my last name is now McGrady :(:(:(:(
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Jun 1, 2009, 04:54 AM

    Hello T:

    I think you're going to need an attorney to track this down for you.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are visitation rights the same in Texas as for all states? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a brother living in the Valley whom has recently divorced and has the typical every other weekend visitation rights. However, he seemly has the kids several times during the week as well as many weekends for the month. Recently, my brother had to fire one of his asistant managers and that...

Do survivorship rights tranfer states upon death? [ 15 Answers ]

Before my father re-married, he signed joint owership/ survivorship rights with my brother and me on stocks he owned. My brother and I never exercised out ownership rights, because this was done to protect this money that we worked for from this new "wife". He has since added to stock stock...

Civil right restored [ 10 Answers ]

What is asked or required by courts for early termanation of probation. All fees are satisfied and more than half of sentence is served without any arrest

States rights- civil war [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know anything about States Rights during/before the civil war? I have to do a project and every website has the same thing. :confused:

View more questions Search