Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    CWyld0427's Avatar
    CWyld0427 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 4, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Transferring Probation from state to state
    My husband is currently incarcerated in Virgnia for drug related charges. He will be on probation for about a year when he is released. Is there any way we could apply for a transfer to North Carolina (where I live) before he gets out so hopefully he can move here immediately? Who do I need to call to get it going? Thank you!
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Dec 4, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Hello CW:

    Certainly. If his release plans were to Virginia, he needs to change them to NC. He should contact his case manager to do that.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can probation be moved from state to state [ 8 Answers ]

If on probation can you move your probation to another state or do you have to stay in the state that you have probation in.

Is there anyway of me transferring to a different state [ 2 Answers ]

I am on probation and I was told I could transfer from Ohio to Pennsylvania as long as I had a address and phone number they could reach me at.I need to get transferred if possible my son and fiancée are in Pennsylvania and all I've had to deal with since they went there is severe depression can...

Probation transfer from state to state [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend had a case in the state of New Jersey in which he received probation. He also had a probation in NYC because of a previous case. Because he lives in New York he transferred his NJ probation to NY. Apparently this transfer never happened because he received a letter in July stating that...

How to transfer probation to another state [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a drug charge that I am on the thing where if you go through probabtion successfully they take the charge off your record. I am clean and doing the right things going to school full time, working, I live in MI. my mother who is ill and needs help day by day has just moved to Florida...

2 states: Can I credit state tax of one state to other state [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 W-2. One from job in Mass. Mass state tax is withheld in that W-2. Then I moved to NC and got a new job in NC. NC state tax is withheld in this second jobs W-2. Both W-2 only have state tax withheld from their corresponding states. So can I credit taxes of one state to another and...

View more questions Search