Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    diahnne's Avatar
    diahnne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 31, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Transfer of probation to North Carolina from New Jersey
    Do anyone have any suggestion on what I can do about North Carolina accepting me from New Jersey
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Aug 1, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Hello diahnne:

    This is what I have posted about this in the past:


    Ask your PO to supply you with the WRITTEN policy and procedures manual for his department. In it, you'll find a paragraph about transferring probation. By asking, he'll know that you want to transfer, so he's not going to be surprised when he receives your request. This whole thing is about avoiding surprises.

    Next; don't go yourself, but get a job and a place to live in the other state. Write the probation agency that will be doing your supervision. Introduce yourself. Tell them about your job, and your place to live. Tell them about your crime and how sorry you are. Tell them that you are about to request a transfer, and wanted to give them a heads up.

    Then, make your request in writing to your present PO. Having read the rules, you'll KNOW that you meet the criteria. Therefore, in your application, DON'T ASK!! TELL them that you meet the criteria for transfer according to rule such and such... cite the rule.

    A request formed in that manner will be awfully hard to turn down. If it IS turned down, you've got your ducks all lined up for an appeal.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nude beaches- North Carolina or South Carolina? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I'm looking for a nude beach near myrtle beach but I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know where one is? Thank you blusia

Transfer probation from New Jersey to North Carolina [ 1 Answers ]

I am 18 years old. I have a felony crime of possession of a weapon-handgun. I received 3 years probation and probation transferred to North Carolina by a judge. I have been accepted to college with financial aid, room assignment and a support program. I start school 8/8/2007. Can North Carolina...

Child Abandment in North Carolina [ 1 Answers ]

About a year and half ago I had received my 8 neices and nephews from NC from youth and family services I had agree to take them in my home where I had lived which was in Iowa they agreed to let them come so, they didn't go to foster homes. Now after about 1 year they said that we could send them...

Transfer of probation from Georgia to North Carolina [ 1 Answers ]

I am receiving probation from the state of Georgia. The probation laws in GA state that GA only has supervised probation for 24 months. Meaning, if I received 3 years probation I would only have to report to my probation office each month for 24 out of the 36 months. I currently live in...

View more questions Search