Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QUESTIONS123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Background checks
    I was recently hired at a senior community place and they required a finger printing test with livescan, and I was arrested about a year ago because I forgot to pay a traffic fine. I was in jail for about 4 days and then let go with some more fines, will this show up with the fingerprinting test?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 14, 2007, 02:56 PM
    It all depends how long it stays on your record. They don't need fingerprints to do a background check.
    H_Thomas Posts: 4, Reputation: -1

May 14, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by QUESTIONS123
    I was recently hired at a senior community place and they required a finger printing test with livescan, and i was arrested about a year ago because i forgot to pay a traffic fine. i was in jail for about 4 days and then let go with some more fines, will this show up with the fingerprinting test?
    It just all depends what they r looking for to say if it would really matter most times its felony records they r looking for
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2007, 03:34 PM
    It will most likely show up, but show up as the traffic offense and most likely failure to appear for the traffic ticket. So as long as if they asked had you ever been arrested and you told them on the application, yes for a traffic ticket that was not paid, then there will be no problem.

The actual "fingerprint" is not a background search, it is a identity search, they run your prints first so if they are not on file, so they will now be on file ( fingerprints stay on file with FBI forever once they are put into the system) The FBI fingerprint will either confirm your identity, confirm you are not in the system, or show you under maybe a false name, lets say you gave a fake name when you were arrested, you may be surprised some criminals lie about who they are when they are arrested.

But millions of people who apply for jobs, get gun permits, and more all have fingerprnts on file.

They then run your identity into a criminal background check, this can vary as to what comes up, some systems are better than others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About background checks [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for a new job, and want to find out how to get a background check on myself, some of my passed employment dates may be incorrect. Just want to see what a possible employer will see about me.?

Background checks [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know about comprehensive background checks. Can someone get records on a person's psychiatric disability if they were in a psyh. Hospital or the name of their psychiatrist. Thank you... raven;)

Background Checks [ 2 Answers ]

My husband recently applied for a supervisor position at a large corporation. He was asked to fill out paperwork for a background check, physical, urine, etc... They made him a "conditional offer". I am concerned because we have had some credit problems over the last year and a half -- we...

Background checks [ 1 Answers ]

My husband recently applied for a supervisor position at a large corporation. He was asked to fill out paperwork for a background check, physical, urine, etc... They made him a "conditional offer". I am concerned because we have had some credit problems over the last year and a half -- we...

View more questions Search