Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chaseowen Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 21, 2015, 07:20 AM
    ETG testing
    I had about one shot of liquor 43 added into my espresso on Saturday evening around 7:00pm. I then had to submit a urines sample on Monday morning at 10:00am which uses EGT testing. Is it likely I will test positive? There was about 36 hours passed between alcohol intake and testing. Please advise if you have any knowledge on this. Thank you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2015, 07:40 AM
    Ever hear the term... "playing Russian Roulette". If you know what it means you will see it applies to these situations.
    straus7945 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2015, 09:39 AM
    If you would like an actual helpful answer with scientific data to back it up instead of some guy trolling your question then here is a quote from the National Institutes of Health:

"EtG was always positive at the 100 and 200 cutoffs, but at 24 hours sensitivity was poor at all cutoffs following the low dose, and poor after 48 hours regardless of dose or cutoff. Similarly, in the clinical trials EtG sensitivity was good for detecting any drinking during the last 24 hours at the 2 lowest cutoffs, but under 40% during the last 24 to 48 hours. Sensitivity was reduced at the 500 ng/ml cutoff. Discrepancies between EtG and EtS were few. Comparison of self-reports of abstinence and EtG-confirmed abstinence indicated underreporting of drinking."

You can find this study at the following link:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24773137
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2015, 09:47 AM
    What's the point of worrying about it now? You drank, they tested, and the only component left are the results. What's done is done.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 21, 2015, 09:51 AM
    Nice study but it would be more helpful to know the policy and procedures and LAWS that govern whatever state you are in.

@Chaseowen
    Depending on the requirements set by the company ordering the testing and other individual factors, you should pass but that's more a guess than a declaration of facts.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2015, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by straus7945 View Post
    If you would like an actual helpful answer with scientific data to back it up instead of some guy trolling your question then here is a quote from the National Institutes of Health:

"EtG was always positive at the 100 and 200 cutoffs, but at 24 hours sensitivity was poor at all cutoffs following the low dose, and poor after 48 hours regardless of dose or cutoff. Similarly, in the clinical trials EtG sensitivity was good for detecting any drinking during the last 24 hours at the 2 lowest cutoffs, but under 40% during the last 24 to 48 hours. Sensitivity was reduced at the 500 ng/ml cutoff. Discrepancies between EtG and EtS were few. Comparison of self-reports of abstinence and EtG-confirmed abstinence indicated underreporting of drinking."

You can find this study at the following link:

Ethyl glucuronide and ethyl sulfate assays in clinical trials, interpretation, and limitations: results of a dose ranging alcohol challenge study a... - PubMed - NCBI

Gee who is the real TROLL here Noob. Time to look in the mirror. Contrary to your ignorant and derogatory comment. There was nothing wrong or inaccurate with my answer. Unlike yours. Its easy to dredge inaccurate information off the internet...and yours lacks many facts and makes many assumptions.

Jul 21, 2015, 08:35 PM
    ETG testing within 36 hours
    I drank 2 shots of Sambuca at a family function on Saturday night then had to submit a random urine drug screen Monday around 10am so approximately 36 passed since my last drink up until testing time. ETG testing is used and I cannot find too much information on this. I know they say it can be detected for 80 hours but I think that's in extreme cases. Has anyone ever passed an ETG urine test within this timeframe after 2 drinks? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2015, 09:45 PM
    What someone else passes or not may or may not apply in YOUR situation. Too many variables between people.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jul 22, 2015, 05:20 AM
    Chaseowen, since you have asked two questions with almost the exact same information with the exception of the amount of alcohol, I have a question. How much alcohol did you drink?

One shot of Licor 43 is very different from 2 shots of Sambuca. There is about a 10% difference in the amount of alcohol by volume and you have doubled the number of 'shots'.

Do you know what the cut-off limit for the test is?

We cannot give accurate advice unless we get accurate information.

Jul 22, 2015, 06:01 AM
    Sorry for the confusing contradictions with my posting. The liquor was Sambuca, not liquor 43. I think they both have approximately the same alcohol content. I'm not exactly sure the amount consumed because the waiter came around to the table and was free pouring the Sambuca into our espressos so I don't know the exact measurement. I would like to say it was closer to the one shot mark instead of two based upon the fact the espresso cup wasn't that big. I guess it's done with now so I'll have to wait on the results. I'll post back once I receive my results for those of you who may have experienced this same situation. Thank you to everyone who helped with information pertaining to ETG testing.

Jul 22, 2015, 03:48 PM
    FYI, I did pass the EGT test for alcohol within a 36 hour timeframe. My alcohol consumption was very low, somewhere around 1 shot, possibly a slight bit more. I wouldn't risk it again though as I have too much at stake but I did want to report my results for those of you who may find themselves in the same predicament.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETG testing [ 11 Answers ]

I drank seven beers on Friday night finished last beer at 10:45pm. On sat hydrated and worked out drank about a gallon and half of water. On Sunday worked out and hydrated well drank about 2 gallons of water. Drank creatine and multivitamins throughout the weekend. I have an ETG test Monday at 4....

EtG urine testing MS/GC testing [ 9 Answers ]

I hear that MS/GC urine testing can detect EtG up to 80 hours from consumption. I run 5 miles 3-4 times a week, and consider myself healthier than most. I have a slender, athletic build, and believe my metabolism is quicker than most. If I consume 3 beers within a time of 90-120 minutes, how...

EtG testing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a EtG testing tomorrow and I am worried I might drop dirty. On Sunday I had two 24 oz beers. Then on Monday I had a half a pint of Hennessy and Tuesday night I had 5 shots of bacardi. I am 21 years old 150 lbs 5'7". Is it possible I will drop dirty?

Alcohol testing EtG testing [ 4 Answers ]

I had a etg/alcohol test 10 days ago and had wine the evening prior? I have not heard back from the lab. Has anyone failed or passed with having alcohol in their system? Thank you. Really stressed and very stupid!!

View more questions Search