Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angels_demons64 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Community service time for theft
    Hey everyone, I am 18 years old student living in Canada now,

I was caught for theft under $5000 my 2nd offence for that

My lawyer has already scheduled an ECR meeting with the Crown

So I'm just wondering how much the time will be for community service and/or fine amount.

Thanks,

~T
    Parajr Posts: 149, Reputation: 21

Mar 27, 2007, 03:40 PM
    You dirty thief. Just kidding I'm willing to bet there are hundreds of theifs on this site they may not have been caught yet. I'm not sure about Canada, but in the US it depends on many factors. 2nd offense is scary in the us after the third time of the same crime despite how little you get a life sentence. 3 strikes and your are out. The bigger issue her is trying to correct the behavior.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2007, 04:01 PM
    As I mentioned before, it can make a large amount of difference between a 5 dollar loaf of bread and a 4400 dollar sterio system.
    And of course how long ago since the last crime, The judge may be upset you did not learn a lesson, so it is hard to say.
    angels_demons64 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 08:12 PM
    sorry guys,

it was theft of 2 tires with rims, valued at about $2000-3000 I'm guessing. Couldn't wrong..

thing is they weren't on me when I was caught, they were out in a park somewhere.

the previous offence was appx 9 months prior.

any one know?
    DAPUMPNHAMMER Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 7, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Parajr
    you dirty theif. Just kidding I'm willing to bet there are hundreds of theifs on this site they may not have been caught yet. I'm not sure about Canada, but in the US it depends on many factors. 2nd offense is scary in the us after the thrid time of the same crime despite how little you get a life sentence. 3 strikes and your are out. The bigger issue her is trying to correct the behavior.

Only answer the question on this page here. Do not ask a question.

Hello,
    Just to follow up on one of the answer. There is a 3 strike law in pa.
    I was in graterford state prison with 800 inmates ! I wea speaking to one
    Elderly gentleman ( inmate ) on c block. He was serving his 3rd strike,
    And yes it doesn't matter how little, all they care about is the crime and
    Getting a conviction. The man stole a candy bar from a dollar store!!
    ( a ing candy bar because he was homeless ) yes, its no excuse and im not in approval of this behavior, but anyway he was given 3rd strike law
    In pa. and its 25yrs to life. My point is in favor of your,get some help for
    The behavoir because 1yr or 25. Your life is ruined.

You are not logged in.

You are not logged in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000. 2nd time. But 1st time since 18th [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, So basically the story goes like this: In April of 2006, I was arrested for theft under $5000 for car prowling in a neighborhood and some alleyways. I was 17 at the time. We got caught with $1500 worth of golf clubs in the back of my dads car. Needless to say, my dad was pissed....

Theft under $5000.00 first time offence [ 2 Answers ]

I was recently questioned about the disappearance of thousands of dollars and 2500 tshirts being stolen from my former place of employment. I have no knowledge on this matter and highly doubt it even occurred. What I believe is the owner is trying to avoid paying their supplier for product...

Looking for community service [ 5 Answers ]

I live in West Michigan and I need to find some community service for my little sister. She has to do 10 hours for a class assignment and I have no idea where to start. She is 14going on 15 if that matters. Please help. Thank you!

Theft under 2 time, very worried, karma [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Canadian since 3 years, educated and smart, believer of spirituality, being kind and being truthful. Yet, this year made two biggest mistake of my life, left corporate world several years ago, due to the office politics, found a freelance job, since than funds not steady, although...

Community Service [ 3 Answers ]

This may sound stupid and all but, a few months ago I came across a dog that was being badly abused and starved... so I notified the animal cops. It has been a few months now and the dog is still left to die, they did nothing about it. Well... I now find myself wanting to do something, like...

View more questions Search