Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bad1989 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 06:46 PM
    If a parent press statutory rape charges on you for dating their daughter 15 and told
    They letted my friend move in with her and they knew how old he was. He lives in ky

Jul 29, 2012, 06:54 PM
    Can a parent get in trouble for letting older man live with their 15 yr old daughter
    The parents knew how old he was the whole time they were together. The daughter ask the mom if he could move in. The couple got into it and the mom called the cops and told them she only knew about is age for a few weeks. He is charge with class d statutory rape in ky
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 29, 2012, 07:30 PM
    Statutory rape occurs when sex involves a child under the age of consent. That means the child can't legally consent and the parents can't consent for them.

Yes the parents can get into trouble for putting the child in that position. But it is not a defense for the person being accused of rape.

Jul 29, 2012, 07:40 PM
    So he can still get jail time. The parents allowed this to go on for 4 n a half months. They also gave him two counts of sodumy. They lived in the same room. His lawyer said there is lies in this case
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 29, 2012, 07:48 PM
    bad1989, you aren't him, and he has a lawyer, and there are too many 2nd hand reports this way. Let his lawyer do his or her job.

Jul 29, 2012, 07:57 PM
    I just don't want to see him in prison for this.

Jul 29, 2012, 08:07 PM
    What do u mean 2nd hand reports
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 29, 2012, 08:12 PM
    You are the 2nd hand reporter. There are far too many details that you don't have that the lawyer will sort out. Maybe if the parents realize that they can be in trouble too they will try to get the DA to drop the charges, but the DA can proceed anyway.

Jul 29, 2012, 08:17 PM
    Im a witness to all this. His lawyer drop his bond from 50,000 to 500. There is a no contact order on him. The girl already contacted him on fb
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 09:09 PM
    So you were standing there when they had sex ? You were in the court when court dropped the bond, ( his attorney can not drop a bond, only ask for a reduction)

If he is on bail, and she is the victim, there is already a law in place to keep him from contcting the victim of the crime that he is charged with.

And yes, parents can not give consent, and the girl can not. So yes he will be going to prison almost sure of it, in fact they should be ready for several years at least, here in GA they will get from 3 to 7 years and I have seen some at 10 year sentence, with them serving 1/2 to 3/4 of it.

Jul 29, 2012, 09:21 PM
    No I was not there while the sex happen. I just know that her parents let him move in knowing his age and stay in the same room with her. When he first met her she told him that she was 16

Jul 29, 2012, 09:25 PM
    She has contacted him he didn't reply

Jul 30, 2012, 03:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bad1989 View Post
    I just dont want to see him in prison for this.
    Go to prison for what? Having sex with an underage girl? You haven't said how old he is, but have you ever heard the term "jail bait"? Having sex with a 15 year old is ILLEGAL. He should have known better, regardless of what the parents did.

Yes the parents should be prosecuted for letting him live in the same room as a 15 yr old girl. But that doesn't change his problem. I don't know what lies his lawyer says are being told, but there is ONE important fact here. Did he have sex with a girl under 16? If he did and that can be proven then he stands a good chance of going to jail and living with a sex offender tag for the rest of his life.

And if the girl contacted him on FB, he should not respond or he will get into more trouble.

Jul 30, 2012, 05:42 AM
    He is 23. When he first met her and her friend lied about her age. He funded out by a tattoo that the girl was 15 after they had sex a was staying the night which the mother knew

Jul 30, 2012, 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bad1989 View Post
    He is 23. When he first met her and her friend lied about her age. He funded out by a tattoo that the girl was 15 after they had sex a was stayin the night which the mother knew
    So when did he notice this tattoo? As soon as he did he should have have run from the room. But apparently he continued to have sex with her.

And how old did he think she was that she was still living at home? Shouldn't that have been a clue to at least check her age more carefully? At 23 he should have known better.

I'm sorry but your friend is either feeding you a line or he's a fool who will be lucky to avoid a lifetime sex offender tag. If I were him (and his lawyer), I would try to plead this down to avoid the sex offender tag. Maybe he can avoid jail too. Depends on how sympathetic the prosecution is.

Jul 30, 2012, 06:24 AM
    Scottgem. A week after he met her. Ag this time things already happen and the mother knew about him. He was told my the girl and there friend that she was 16

Jul 30, 2012, 06:36 AM
    Yes he should have left. The parents never said anything to him. Her mom would mention that he is 23 with out a job when they would argue.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 06:57 AM
    At 23, he is gone to jail, sorry don't know a court anywhere in the US that will not put a 23 year old in jail for having sex with a 15 year old. The issue now is how many years, good attorney and a plea bargain is going to be his best prayer

CPS should be called on the parents, it is very likely they may remove the child from the home at least temp while they investigate
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 06:58 AM
    It matters that her mom knew, but what matters most is that HE knew. He knew she was jail bait, but continued to have sex with her.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 07:03 AM
    OP has, through two pages of this thread, still not asked a question. :)

Bad, what is it you want to know?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it statutory rape if I'm 16 and dating a guy who's 24 in Alberta? Please help! [ 2 Answers ]

Me and this guy have been together for 14 months! I like him a lot and we have been through everything together we are scared about the law I need to know I this is stagatory rape! And can my parents stop me from seeing him? I know the age in Alberta is 16 I'm old enough to make my own decisions...

Can a dad press charges on a mom if his daughter sneaks out when at the moms [ 1 Answers ]

I gave custody of my 14 year old daughter to her dad because she was threating me and her little sibblins and she comes here every other weekend and the one weekend after I went to bed she snuck out to meet some boy's can the dad press charges on me for her actions

How do I defend my boyfriend for statutory rape charges? [ 17 Answers ]

Wikipedia states. The original purpose of statutory rape laws was to protect young, unwed females from males who might take their virginity, impregnate them, and not take responsibility by marrying them. I am 17 years old, 18 in 6 months, my boyfriend of 8 months is 31, in short we were led to...

Can we press charges for stagetory rape? [ 8 Answers ]

My stepdaughter had sexual relations at the age of 14 with a boy who was 18 at the time. She is now just turned 17 and he is 21 years. Could we still press charges on him for stagetory rape?

Can my mother press charges for statutory rape if I gave consent [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I might be pregnant my boyfriend is 19 and I'm wondering canmy mother press charges for statutory rape if I'm pregnant and if I gave consent to have an intimate relationship with him?.

View more questions Search