Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ale801 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 12:27 PM
    Where do I call to get information for a judgement I need off my credit report
    I have a judgement from 2008. I was never informed that the finance company I was dealing with was doing this. I am trying to buy a home and it just popped up. I have tried contacting finance company and there is no valid info that they are still in business. It is close to impossible to contact court's judgement dept to get copy of the judgement. How can I take this off with all this? I have tried disputing it through credit bureau and only one has deleted it, the other two come back as not satified. What can I do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 1, 2012, 12:55 PM
    Each credit bureau has a website. Procedures for protesting items will be listed on their website.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 1, 2012, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ale801 View Post
    ... It is close to impossible to contact court's judgement dept to get copy of the judgement. ...
    Have you tried sending the court clerk (or judgment department, if that's what it's called) a self-addressed, stamped envelope, along with the fee they charge for copying?

If that won't work, contact a law firm or process server in the area. For a fee, they will go to the courthouse and get a copy for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2012, 08:26 PM
    Also if there was a valid judgement issued, they do not have to take it off unless you get the judgement over turned.

You need to go to the court where this is issued, file to have it set aside due to improper service if you were not served and get it thrown out, then you can get it removed from the reporting agencies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit report information [ 3 Answers ]

Hello does anyone know how to remove paid off accounts on credit report and also the charge offs please let me know how

Judgement on credit report [ 2 Answers ]

I have a joint unsatisfied judgement from 2002 in the state of Florida. My ex husband defaulted on a lease and never paid them. So the filed a judgement. My ex husband never took care of it and probably never will. I just found out about it because I was applying for a mortgage in NJ. I found out...

Judgement on my credit report [ 3 Answers ]

On Dec 19, I lost (I settled) a libel suit in a philadelphia district court because the other party, which had deep pockets said they would bring in an expert to show I harmed their business, even though my comments were true. My lawyer sold me out and I agreed to pay 2,500.00. Question>> if I...

Judgement on credit report [ 2 Answers ]

I won a judgement in NYC and would like to know how I go about placing it on the persons credit report. I've heard that it's called a fieri facias. Thanks

Judgement on Credit Report [ 3 Answers ]

I had a problem with my landlord a few years back. The check I wrote him bounced, and he pressed charges. I ending up having to pay fines, which I paid on time, and was told that it all would be taken off my record. I think it was called "ARD." My questions is: Why is the total amount of the...

View more questions Search