Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juandv9307 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 02:31 PM
    Civil recovery for shoplifting canada will have a criminal record ?
    Hello, I was caught shoplifting at the bay in Quebec, I am an international student, so they called the police, they just send me a letter for civil acclaim, they didn't even took finger prints, just the security guard took me a photo and made me sign something, then the police officer walked me out of the store and took some data from me, but without finger prints or anything like that, I paid the 600 dollar fee and I'm scared as hell, it will show up on my criminal records, because as I said before they didn't take any fingerprints or nothing like that, they said it was my first offense.
    I just wanted to know if it can still appear somewhere because the police officer said that they took some of my info just in case I committed another offense.
    I want to be become a resident in some years, so I want to know if this can still affect myself. Thank you

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal record check after shoplifting [ 3 Answers ]

I was caught shoplifting a few months back, I was not charged but the police gave me a ticket for trespassing. After reading other people's posts, it seems as though this has given me a criminal record... will I still be able to travel to the US and get a job even though I was never convicted/went...

Sears canada civil recovery [ 1 Answers ]

My son was with a friend who was caught shoplifting at a sears store, he got arrezsted because he was with that friend . Weeks later we were told in a letter we should pay $500.00 or face civil court. Since he is a minor are we obgligated to pay since the single item is way less than $500.00 and...

Caught shoplifting, got a civil demand and no criminal charges. [ 9 Answers ]

I was caught shoplifting this week at a department store in Toronto, Ontario. My first offense, I'm 21. I'm totally grieft strucken, I cannot even explain to anyone how I feel. So what happened was, they caught me when I left the store, called the cops, but decided not to press charges on me,...

Shoplifting, civil recovery letter, and criminal record. [ 3 Answers ]

I was going through rough emotional times, which lead me to the stupid decision to shoplift. I got out of the store, and couldn't stand myself. As I started walking back across the parking lot the store's security guards approached me and I went back to the store and gave back what I took. The...

Shoplifting- criminal record check [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently been caught shoplifting. I am waiting for my court date in February. I have to get a criminal record check done for work and I am wondering if it will show up on my check. This is my first offence.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.