Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    icedanzer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Divorce settlement appeals
    Is there a time limit on appealing a divorce settlement in the state of Arkansas?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Hello ice:

I'm sure there is. Oh, you want ME to look it up. Nahhh.

excon
    icedanzer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Yes I do, I have an x-husband threating to take me to court because I remarried a year after the divorce. He says that unless I give him back "his" 1/4 of military retirement pay he's going back to court. We were married for 22 years, he got the house, his car and the debt that he ran up during the marriage. He didn't contest the divorce, I got my car and 1/4 of his military retirement. He told me to give "his" money back or he's going to get the court to take back his retirement and give me half the debt. Because he just can't make it on 70 thousand a year, I make 6.50 an hour after moving to another state. The divorce took place in Arkansas. I would appreciate any advice.
    believerjeff Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 07:28 AM
    I'm seeking the same advice and I've just emailed one of the top lawyers in the state to probably schedule an appointment. I'll let you know icedanzer. My divorce was contested and a little more complex. If nothing else I recommend you do a ton of research and asking around and get the best lawyer and even then don't trust them to just "handle" your case for you. Lawyers don't care and don't remember your case details worth a crap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am getting a divorce [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 22 year old f. I am getting a divorce from my soon to be ex husband. We are separated right now. I have not even started getting the divorce started because, I am worried after the divorce is settled and everything. If I take him off my car, am I going to loose my car because it is still...

Divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I am a 32 year old woman that left her husband of 1 year because of mental and emotional abuse.  We hve no children together and acquired no property while married.  I am a disable veteran (I receive $28,000 a year in diability) and he works for the board of eduaction and makes well over...

Insurance settlement [ 1 Answers ]

Our retail business had a fire with $80000.00 in damages and only received $40000.00 from the insurance company. How do I record the damage, the check from the insuance company and the loss. Thanks for your help.

Divorce [ 4 Answers ]

My friend is going through a divorce and it's been a year and a half and still no final decree has been signed. His wife and her lawyer has done everything in their power to stall the whole process. What I mean by that is she was acusing him of committing adultry, never turned in any evidience for...

Divorce-Who does it? [ 9 Answers ]

My friend lives in Iowa, has decided to divorce his wife. They are not contesting anything, want 50/50 with their two daughters and agree on everything. The question is does he have to pay an attorney $2000 to get the divorce or can he get the necissary papers and do it himself for around $300?

View more questions Search