Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nchaffman3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2011, 09:52 AM
    A false positive!
    My fiancé is on home detention and has the sobrietor breathalyzer installed. The probation said he blew an extremely high positive test for alcohol. He wasn't drinking and hasn't drank for the past 5 1/2 months. What ca we do to prove his innocence? Is there a hair folicle test for alcohol? Its been 6 days already so its too late to get the blood or urine test.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2011, 09:55 AM

Hair folicle test can be done... and in fact will give a rough indication how long he's been clean as well assuming his hair is long enough.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Mar 11, 2011, 09:58 AM

Hair Follicle Testing ehow

Apparently hair follicles can test for alcohol. He should talk to his probation officer to see if that test is an option.
    nchaffman3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2011, 10:11 AM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    I've been searching the web for places that do it but I can't find any, well just one and it casts $650.00!!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2011, 10:46 AM

Yeah.. thats why its not done more often. Breatholyzer is cheap. YOu have to decide if its worth spending the money to prove his innocence. Or maybe convince them to pick up the tab. The most they can say is no when you ask. Then you would have to pay for it yourself.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2011, 01:20 PM

Yes it is a costly test, and will have to be done by a certified lab for the results to be allowed in court, The PO will have to tell you where to have it done if he will allow it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False Positive Pregnancy Test [ 7 Answers ]

I was wanting some sympathy I went to the doctor last Thursdayto have some blood work done since I had not started my period. They took a urine pregnancy test & there WAS a really faint line - which suggested that I was pregnant. I was SOOOOO excited! I was really surprised because I didn't really...

False-Positive Drug Test [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has been in pain mgmt for several years. At his visit on Friday, he was given a UA drug screen and tested positive for cocaine. He had a kidney removed 2 yrs ago due to cancer. He hasn't had any further treatment for that. He is a diabetic and is on glyburide. He also is on...

False positive? [ 1 Answers ]

I took a pregnancy test the day before my expected period and it was positive but since then I haven't been able to get a positive result. I don't know what is going on I have been feeling nauseated and my lower back hurts a lot. Could I be pregnant or was it a false positive?

False positive on a drug test! [ 4 Answers ]

So my boyfriend is on probation and he failed his last drug test due to a poppy seed muffin... Now they are making him call in every day to see if he has to come in and take another one. His probation officer told him he is going to be on it until August 31, which is a major problem. It's a...

View more questions Search