Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheerbreak Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2011, 09:21 AM
    Misdemeanor Probation in NYS
    Just looking for a little advice... I am on misdemeanor probation for 3 years for a DUI charge. I have served 13 months (or, so) at this time. My understanding is that I can request early termination after a 1/3 of the sentence has been completed. I have no violations, court and probation fees are paid, all appointments have been met, completed an outpatient program (9 months) and have met all AA meeting requirements. In addition, it appears the probation dept is overworked. They've recently promoted my PO and at my last appt matched me with another PO that had NO knowledge of me, at all. Not even how long I'd been on probation. Since then, I've gotten a call from another PO asking when I usually come in, how long I'd been on probation, etc.

Is it worth it to ask for early termination? I don't want to annoy/alienate anyone but I'd also like to not have to report, not have to get my sign-in sheet signed, etc.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2011, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sheerbreak View Post
    Is it worth it to ask for early termination? I don't want to annoy/alienate anyone but I'd also like to not have to report, not have to get my sign-in sheet signed, etc.
    Hello s:

Your existence annoys them, so I that shouldn't be a reason NOT to make your application..

What's this about your sign in sheet??

excon
    sheerbreak Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2011, 09:33 AM
    Hi... Thanks for the response. My AA sign-in sheet. It's a probation condition. Frankly, I feel like getting it signed annoys the leader/speaker after the meeting. I'd prefer not to do it.

So... You think I should petition for early release? To be honest, it hasn't been too bad with the exception of having to use public transport everywhere for a while. They haven't shown up at work or at home, never called me out of the blue asking me to come in for a test, etc. I'd just like to have it over and done with, is all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of misdemeanor probation in tn [ 16 Answers ]

What is the statue of limitations for violation of misdemeanor probation in Tennessee?

I'm on misdemeanor adult probation and I just got a misdemeanor 4 what is likely to ha [ 1 Answers ]

Im on reporting adult probation in clermont county Ohio (misdemeanor) no felonys & I just got a mis 4 so I know I'm going to get violated, what's likely to happen to me?

Misdemeanor probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

My good friend was just picked up for misdemeanor probation violation. This is a 4 year old misdemeanor. After she was picked up it stated she had not told her prob. Officer that she moved. She had sent a letter at the time of the move because she had no working phone. She also called and her...

Misdemeanor probation [ 3 Answers ]

Can it always be transferred to a different state and how long does it usually take?

Misdemeanor probation [ 2 Answers ]

How long does it take to transfer probation from Florida to North Carolina Is it any easier to transfer misdemeanor probation than felony?? Help!?

View more questions Search