Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrpenguin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 12:33 AM
    Underage Consumption Citation
    I received a citation last year, in Murfreesboro TN, and the probation is over in march. While getting a ride home a few nights ago, we were pulled over. My friend, who was driving, told the cop that he had been drinking, the other passenger as well as I told the other officer we had not been drinking. But in fact we had had a few earlier, but we asked for a sobriety test and did not need receive one. They found an illegal pipe on the driver and cited him for paraphanelia, but did not issued a DUI. Would that effect the judgment of the police officers? There was one cop dealing with the driver and one cop who was dealing with the passengers. We were both slapped with citations and sent back on the road. Is this a violation of my probation? Would moving the court date back avoid a violation? Also would I need representation to show that I am in school, with good grades, and have a good job, and also pass a drug test? Also I will be turning 21 in April, would the judge possibly give me a slap on the wrist. Can they hold you on probation for underage drinking when you are 21?
    Thanks
    Mr penguin
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2007, 05:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpenguin
    can they hold you on probation for underage drinking when you are 21?
    thanks
    mr penguin
    Hello mr:

You were slapped with citations? For what? If you're not underaged, then no. Did it violate your probation? Probably. Do you need a lawyer? Yup.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Ok, you were under age and drinking. Officer does not have to give you any sobiety test, since there is not a "level" of underage drinking, any drinking is underage drinking. The other persons confesson and most likely the smell on your breath is all the evidence for that type of ticket they need.

** and probation for that ticket before, normally our judges and this was state judges only make you wash police cars and then dismissed the ticket

And yes if the probation officer knows about this, it can be a violation, you do want to push the court date back till you are off probation, pushing back till after your 21 birthdate means nothing
    mrpenguin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Ok, you were under age and drinking. Officer does not have to give you any sobiety test, since there is not a "level" of underage drinking, any drinking is underage drinking. The other persons confesson and most likely the smell on your breath is all the evidence for that type of ticket they need.

** and probation for that ticket before, normally our judges and this was state judges only make you wash police cars and then dismissed the ticket

And yes if the probation officer knows about this, it can be a violation, you do want to push the court date back till you are off of probation, pushing back till after your 21 birthdate means nothing
    Can they still hold me on probation for underage consumption when I am 21??

Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello mr:

You were slapped with citations? For what? If you're not underaged, then no. Did it violate your probation? Probably. Do you need a lawyer? Yup.

excon
    It seemed like they were angry that they didn't find pot on the passengers, so they gave us both underage consumption citations, when we had told the cop that we had nothing to drink. But how would the driver telling the cop that hed been drinking hold up inn court if he was not issued an DUI, and we were just riding??

Thanks for your help!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Hello mr:

Who gave permission for the cops to search? THIS is actually, quite important. If nobody did, you might get out of it.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Your probation is for a crime, and unless they are trying you in juv court, ( not that likely) yes they can hold you on probation after you are 21.

If you do the underage drinking one day before you turn 21, by the time you get to court you will be 21, you can still be senteced and put on probation.

But honestly get an attorney make a deal, no one should be getting probation and having the charge show up on their record. Most judges will do community service for this if approached properly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arrested for Underage drinking! [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I was arrested for underage drinking... I was trying to run away from home... this is the first time I have evr gotten in any trouble with the law... they did not read my my rights or do a breathalizer test to see how drunk I was... they went off what someone else said... what I need to know...

My underage Girl-Friend Is pregnet [ 4 Answers ]

My underage girl friend is Pregnet. I am 18 years old. Who will get custody of the Child when its born. I cannot because I am in the Armed Forces. So Will her or her mother get custody

Electricity Consumption [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I was on holidays and surprised to see our electricity bill. My wife told me that mostly our bills are double to the bills of our neighbours and relatives. We are getting bills of double the amount of many of our neighbours and relatives who are using the same number of lights and...

Citation to discover assets [ 4 Answers ]

Due to on the job accident claim Ive become overburden with paper work related to The Department Of Labor. Under stress and duress, I misfiled my court papers and was not present. I had a judgement entered but I wanted to appeal. With some bad advice from from an attorney I wasted money and time....

Probation for DUI now consumption citation [ 2 Answers ]

I was arrested and charged in Carter County with DUI on January 30th of 2006.. I've made all my payments, been to all my probation meetings and was going to be coming off this coming January.. but 3 nights ago I was caught and cited with underage consumption at a nightclub in Washington County....

View more questions Search