Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diepwaters Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Looking for community service
    I live in West Michigan and I need to find some community service for my little sister. She has to do 10 hours for a class assignment and I have no idea where to start. She is 14going on 15 if that matters. Please help. Thank you!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Just some thoughts:

* Help at a local soup kitchen.
    * Help clean up along the highway or downtown
    * Call local places of worship and ask them if they are hooked into any community service programs and let them know she'd like to volunteer to help.

Happy New Year!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 5, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Also public nursing homes could always use some help. Her school guidance counselor may be able to give her some ideas. Local Community Centers might need someone to help with day care or senior citizen events.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 5, 2007, 12:31 PM
    West Michigan? Like near Grand Rapids?

Gilda's House is always wanting volunteers. She would be helping 100s of people and learning herself.

Gilda's House is a home, not residential, where people suffering from cancer and their families go to have fun and fellowship. I spent many, many hours volunteering there. She could volunteer with the children who either have cancer or have family members with cancer in "NoogieLand."

Here is a link to the West Michigan Chpater.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 8, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Diepwaters,

I volunteered at Gilda's House while it was being built. It is a WONDERFUl commuinty they have there. My daughter was 4 1/2 at the time and they even let her volunteer. It was an enlightening experience that she will never forget.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2007, 07:40 PM
    How about "candystriping" at a local hospital?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Changing from metered service on my shop to service from my house. [ 2 Answers ]

I’ve had the meter and 3 wire service cable removed from my shop. I’ve purchased 90 feet of 100 amp direct burial cable to run from the lower section of my home meter to my shop. Not being an electrician, I’m still trying to install this changeover. The direct burial cable has 4 wires. 2 larger...

Community Service [ 3 Answers ]

This may sound stupid and all but, a few months ago I came across a dog that was being badly abused and starved... so I notified the animal cops. It has been a few months now and the dog is still left to die, they did nothing about it. Well... I now find myself wanting to do something, like...

View more questions Search