Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 16, 2010, 01:43 PM

Yes or no, it could, was there past convictions, they need a better attorney, how good is the evidence against them
    ceilingtile Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jan 16, 2010, 01:47 PM

He received 2 conditional discharges and 15 months probation for the last charges
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2010, 12:31 PM

Tell him to pack a toothpaste - he's going away.
    Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 01:04 PM

Yes if he had past charges, then this is not a first offense and he stands a much better chance to go to prison, for at least a few months

Jan 17, 2010, 01:06 PM

The last charges were not drug related and he was under 18 for them
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2010, 02:50 PM

I still think he should pack his toothbrush - he obviously learned nothing from his past transgressions.
    rainacidbeer Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Jan 17, 2010, 03:50 PM

The other concern is that he is on probation and not just facing one charge. Canada seems more lenient,eventually stuff is going to catch up w. him if he keeps on screwing up,he might be looking at a few months like the op said. It's not a huge amount of weed,he not a drug kingpin. It does look like he is trying to sell it.

Jan 29, 2010, 12:18 PM
    Charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell
    My son, who was already on 15 months probation for theft under(in canada) just got charged for possession of marijuana with intent to sell. After 3 days in the detention centre we bailed him out and I am his surety on the condition that he will seek treatment. I have found a place that will probably take him in early April for one year. His first court date is Feb 25. He has no lawyer and does not qualify for legal aide. He doesn't want to pay for a lawyer and we don't want to pay for one either. He deserves whatever punishement he gets. The treatment place however says they do not take court ordered. Maybe we can convice them to put case on hold for a year while he takes treatment. Would that be advisable or would he still be faci;ng jail time. He agreed to the treatment cause He wanted to be bailed out and is afraid of jail. He is now 18
    '

May 3, 2010, 01:33 PM
    Disclosure
    My son was arrested about 5 months ago with possession of marijuana with intent to sell. We still haven't received disclosure from the crown's office. How long does this take?
    Expert

May 3, 2010, 04:30 PM

Has his attorney checked with their office ?

May 3, 2010, 05:26 PM
    Attorney has checked and received partial disclosure and when we called her they said they would call when they get full disclosure to set up a meeting but it's already been 5 months!!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 3, 2010, 06:22 PM

Hello c:

The longer it takes the better it is for your son. Relax and count your blessings.

excon

May 4, 2010, 06:13 AM
    Okay thanks I will try to relax!

Jun 8, 2010, 01:28 PM
    18 year old charged with possession of marijuana and trafficking
    My son was charged 6 months ago and every time the case is remanded. ARe there any letters we could get for the judge to show that he has changed and wants to better his life and would this help in his favor. Also he has applied and been accepted into a 3 year college program. Will this help him at all?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2010, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingtile View Post
    will this help him at all?
    Hello c:

NO. Communicate ONLY with his lawyer... IF he's tried, and IF he's convicted, THAT'S the time to tell the judge how great he is. Until then, the only thing he judge cares about is his GUILT.

excon

Jun 24, 2010, 11:51 AM
    teen son in trouble with law
    my teen son has been arrested 3x in the last year. Left home cause he didn't like the rules - doesn't accept no - will not listen to us or any authority. So he got in trouble with the law and most recently while he was 18 got caught with marijuana with intent to sell. He doesn't seem to be able to think through his choices - goes all crazy when he is given a no- is going to do what he wants to do - when he wants to do it. Has had 4 traffic tickets already. Very impulsive. Friendly but doesn't listen to us... I think he has adhd - never worked up to his potential in school as school was "boring" He craves excitement and will take any "dare" without thinking of consequences. I am worried about him and don't really know how to help him... it is painful to watch
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2010, 01:25 PM

What have you done until now to discipling him, teach him right from wrong, help him control these impulses? What did you do when he was a child?

At 18 it may very well be too late for you to change him unless he wants to change.

You have posted several conflicting threads about this boy - what is the true situation? Here is one - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...ng-477699.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teen life trouble [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I'm having trouble being a teen. I'm bisexual and I think I'm in love. I know teens say that a lot but this is for real. The problem is he's gay, and he my best friend. But I know he is the one. He knows I like him and he's everything to me. I don't know what to do. Why is being a teen...

Trouble teen movie [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie where a mother sends her trouble teen off to her father ranch out west?

Disrespectful teen son [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I was not raised by my father, having lived in an orphange. So I am finding it very hard to deal with my 15 yr old son who prefers to ignore me and has this ability to come up with very cutting remarks. All attempts to speak or be involved are totally ignored. But he gets all he wants from my...

My teen son and my ex-wife [ 7 Answers ]

My 15 year old son wants a spyder jacket which is not cheap.his mom gets $1,200 a month child surport from me.She wants me to give extra money so he can get this jacket.With the money I already give her for the kids,I am not left with much.Last night when I went to drop off the children back to...

View more questions Search