Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    latravia2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 07:02 PM
    How to have one parent rights terminated
    I need to know how to have my daughters father rights terminated. He has nothing to do with her. Unless his sister takes her over there. But I just found out that when she goes over he has nothing to do with her. He pay childsupport but its nothing. He said he would sign his rights over but, I'm in a relationship with a white guy. So he won't do it. He does not help me with her at all. He don't give a damn about my daughter. He may see her once every 2-3 months. Only if his sister takes her. He don't call, write, or come to see her. I need help on what steps I need to take to have his rights terminated. So my boyfriend can adopt her. My boyfriend is the only dad she knows he has been with her since she was 5months old. I need help. Please help me.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 16, 2006, 07:04 PM
    You can't unless you can prove abuse and that doesn't seem to be the case.. Only he can agree to termination of his rights. You may be able to deny him visitation, but again, if there is no abuse, that won't fly.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2006, 08:10 PM
    You can't just have his rights "terminated." Your boyfriend can petition the court to adopt your daughter. The father will have to give his consent. If he does, then his rights are terminated as he is no longer legally the father. Likewise, he'll no longer pay child support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

How to account for advance given to terminated employee [ 2 Answers ]

The situation: an employee was given an advance by either check or materials charged to the company for personal use. The employee is unable to reimburse the company in a reasonable perior of time for the advance and the employee's final paycheck does not cover it. I'm unsure whether to run this...

I've terminated a lease but roommate refuses to move out [ 2 Answers ]

I have a roommate which I've given a 30 day notice in writing to terminate the lease agreement (I've posted on the door and had a witness sign it who viewed me posting it to the front of the door since the roommate and I don't get along and my fiancé an I want to live alone and start a family. ...

Should grand parent have visitation rights? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm not married to the baby's daddy and I don't want his mother to take care of my baby because she said when I was pregnant that she was not going to baby sit. I'm working now and she gets mad because I don't want her to take care of my baby. Now she wants to take me to court to get visitation...

View more questions Search