Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nurse Niki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2009, 08:04 AM
    Felony Probation Violation
    I have a friend who is on Felony Probation for a gun charge in New York. He did 6months in prison, and then was sentenced to 5 years probation. He moved to Louisiana with permission from the court system. While in Louisiana, he got a simple possession ticket for a very small amount of marijuana and more recently he got a DWI. He has court for both of these matters in June and fears he will be sent back to New York to go to prison. What are the chances probation will just be extended? Is he really looking at jail time for this? He has been working at the same company in LA since 2006 and is a really good person. This is his first DWI and simple possession charge but he is on felony probation. Is he looking at facing jail time?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2009, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Niki View Post
    What are the chances probation will just be extended?
    Hello Nurse:

I'd put his odds of doing time at 70/30. He does have TWO pending charges, after all. A good lawyer wouldn't hurt.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2009, 01:22 PM

He will have to have a violation of probation hearing. More than likely as it is 2 charges versus 1 charge he will be doing jail time in New York.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

Can I fly with a felony probation violation [ 7 Answers ]

Can you fly from one state to another on a felony probation violation?

Felony Violation of Felony Probation [ 7 Answers ]

I live in New York state, and this past week, my boyfriend, who is on Felony probation (and has already went through 1 out of 5 years) for criminal mischief, overdosed on heroin. He was caught with 2 bags of herion on him when the EMT and Police came. He then attempted to eat them so that he...

Felony Probation Violation [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Last April I was convicted of felony corporal injury on my spouse ( I hit him w/my car while trying to leave his house). Since then we reunited; and this turned out to be a total nightmare. He obtained an order to not harrass, annoy, etc. him against me and was blackmailing me with it for...

Felony Probation Violation [ 3 Answers ]

If you are on felony probation and you get arrested for a DUI what are the consaquense's?

View more questions Search