Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilniasa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Retraining orders and child custody
    Me and my fiancé ex girlfriend had a mutual retraining order on each other but she had listed her son on the retraining order too and my fiancé fighting for custody for his son right now what should I do because we live together and we know his ex did that so hatt he won't be able to have his son come over to our house so what should we do.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2008, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilniasa View Post
    me and my fiance ex girlfriend had a mutual retraining order on each other but she had listed her son on the retraining order too and my fiance fighting for custody for his son right now wut should i do because we live together and we know his ex did that so hatt he wont be able to have his son come over to our house so what should we do.

He will have to visit with his son somewhere else OR you can back to the same Court and attempt to get the restraining order changed. Judges are usually not very willing to do that. What is the past history and how is the child involved?

You can always stay away from the house when the child is there but I'm not sure you can convince the Court that you actually weren't there.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 12:21 PM

You will have to obey the order until you get the order charged. How you do that will be up to you
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2008, 12:25 PM

Ok, so you and the mother of your fiancee's son have a mutual restraining order preventing you from going near one another. But RO also covers his son preventing you from being with him when he visits his son. Do I have that right?

If so, then he either needs to see his son away from you, or you need to get the RO changed. The latter involves going to court and showing why the son shouldn't be covered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restraining orders and child custody [ 13 Answers ]

If you have a restraining order on a father of your children can they still appeal the restraining order and ask for full custody even when they have never had any custody and only visitaion or been involved child's life?

Custody and court orders [ 5 Answers ]

I am was in abusive relaitionship and thought it was best to remove myself from the situation for a while I am pregnant with number five to the father of my other three kids he left for australia 2 weeks ago I have been told about counselling and other things to help me get my marriage together I...

Child Support Orders [ 8 Answers ]

I have recently submitted a request for child support from my daughters father. I have discovered that he is already paying child support for another child of his. How will an amount be determined regarding our child? We live in Oklahoma. He is married, and the wife makes more yearly than he or...

Temporary custody orders in the state of Georgia [ 2 Answers ]

My brother needs to get temporary custody of his 5 children in the state of Georgia. He is being told that temporary custody orders are not offered in the state of Georgia.

My ex is violeting court orders I want to get custody back? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: my ex and I have 2 children and we agreed that I would have our younger daughter and he would have our 5 yr old son. Science nov.06 he has moved 5 times! This last time about a week ago he moved from his house to a friends and I found out from a 3rd party last night. What can I do and...

View more questions Search