Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jyhboyette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Juvenile conviction
    My 14 years old son was arrested after he and his friend was caught burglary and grand theft at a nearby school. My husband and I signed and agreed for him to follow a case worker for 3 to 6 months as his probation. During this period, he will also do community service as required. I was told if he successfully complete the program then his records will be erased completely.
    He understands now how stupid he was to have done such horrible thing. (or shall I call it a crime?) I am very disturbed and sad for what he has done to himself. I am very worried and concerned if this terrible record will follow him for the rest of his life.
    Can anyone give me some direction and advice to ease my worries.
    Thanks.
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Sep 16, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Hey, I have a juvenile record and it is worse than that. The records are sealed when you turn 18. My past has never came up to haunt me and I work for a government contractor. People empathize with a person if they do find out about their past. We all do stupid shameful things as a teenager. Don't worry, he will be fine!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2008, 02:36 PM
    He has to remember what he did was a crime punishable with possible prison time. Burglary and grand theft are felonies. The fact he's 14 was in his favor and he lucked out this time. If he is truly repentant of his crime he will not do this again in a big hurry. Then when he turns 18 he won't magically have it disappear should he do any crime at that time. You need to make sure he can distinguish between being 14 and being over 18 prior to his turning 18.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Juvenile law [ 2 Answers ]

Can a juvenile record be used against me as an adult

Juvenile charge [ 1 Answers ]

How Long Can Juvenile Hold You On A Pending Charge That Became Inefective Of May 2007?

Juvenile record [ 1 Answers ]

Does a juvenile record in Oregon follow you into adult hood? When age 16 I stole my grandmothers car and succeeded to wreck it totally. I did not have a driver license. Grandmother reported the car stolen. Now at age 32, Oregon will not issue me a driver license because I stole the car and...

Juvenile offenders [ 1 Answers ]

What are constitutional rights that adult offenders have in their criminal case, but juvenile offenders do not?

Juvenile records [ 20 Answers ]

I was arrested when I was 15 for shoplifting they took my picture and my fingerprints. I was told to do community service which I never did. Now when I go to apply for a job they never call me. I think is because of that. People say it erases when you are 18 others say it doesn't. How long does it...

View more questions Search