Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    designchika Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 07:46 PM
    Denial the expunge on an arrested felony
    :mad: I applied for an expunge of an arrest that I have for cocaine pocession (bag was empty) which the result on the record was NOT ACTION. However; my petition was deny based in a previous record that I have for a DUI, were the alcohol limit was under the law requirement. I am very confused because I am not guilty ; but steal have a criminal record that is stopping me to advance in my profession as an interior designer.
    Can I appeal ? Do I have any chances to my records expunge?
    Please help me I am not a convicted felon; bit I am been treated as one.

Any ADVISE..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2008, 08:45 PM
    If you were not found guilty by the courts, you will not have a record,

If the courts found you guilty, don't matter if you say you did not do it, if the courts say you did it, legally you did it.
    Just being not guilty is not a reason to explunge a conviction.
    You can see if the governor will pardon you on it * if you show them you did not do it>

So at this time, still claiming you are not guility is about the worst thing you can do, since to the judge it shows you did not learn and are not sorry, that is what they are looking for, I am sorry, I have changed my ways and I am not a good citizen, that is what they want to hear, if they don't I doubt they will ever explunge your record.

Also sounds like you tried to do this without an attorney, that won't work either
    designchika Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Arrested Felony
    I got arrested in FL on drug possession and released at the next day after paying a bond. I hired a layer who told me that the case was dropped. In the court records show the result as "NOT ACTION". Nevertheless, my layer told me that the case was dropped (I paid $10,000). However never told me that I was found guilty.
    I never went to court, he never gave me the option to go to court and defend my case, he just told me that it was dropped.
    Today you are telling me that I am guilty, I am confused... Did he plead guilty on my behalf? I don't understand what is going on... I never have the chance to trial...
    What happened "THE VERY MUCH CONFUSED"... The record show DISCHARGED CERTIFICATE ISSUED... What does it means? DISPOSITION NO ACTION... what does it means?.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by designchika
    I got arrested in FL on drug possession and released at the next day after paying a bond. I hired a layer who told me that the case was dropped. In the court records show the result as "NOT ACTION". nevertheless, my layer told me that the case was dropped (I paid $10,000). however never told me that I was found guilty.
    I never went to court, he never gave me the option to go to court and defend my case, he just told me that it was dropped.
    Today you are telling me that I am guilty, I am confused..........Did he plead guilty on my behalf? I don't understand what is going on........I never have the chance to trial............
    What happened "THE VERY MUCH CONFUSED".................The record show DISCHARGED CERTIFICATE ISSUED....What does it means? DISPOSITION NO ACTION........what does it means?.........

You have posted this on two different threads which is very confusing - there are answers on the other thread, which answers you appear to be answering here (on a new thread).
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Hello d:

You can expunge convictions - not arrests. The reason being, you shouldn't be discriminated against because you were arrested - only if you're CONVICTED.

If you ARE being discriminated against, that's a problem between your prospective employer and yourself - not the law. There's NO valid reason for them NOT to hire you. If they don't, I'd ask them why.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

Expunge Felonie Record [ 3 Answers ]

I have tow felonies on my record and still want to enter the Marines. What chances do I have if I hire an attoney to expunge my record?

Caught at 16, no lawyer, NY law treated as adult. Can I expunge my record? [ 2 Answers ]

I have heard about people expunging their record - I am wondering if you can do that even if you plead guilty. I recently found out I have a misdemeanor criminal record. I was caught on video shoplifting when I was 16, and plead guilty, under the impression it would be on a juvenile record and...

Expunge felony theft over 1000 [ 4 Answers ]

I want to expunge a felony theft over 1000 charge. I pleaded guilty, paid my fees, finished probation. This was over 3 years ago. How do I go about doing it, and how much will it cost?

View more questions Search