Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    closure1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2007, 11:56 PM
    Statutory rape
    I am trying to find out what the statue of limitations for statutory rape is in NC.
    This is very important to me, because this man persuaded my mother to sign over property in which my father left to me upon his death. I think he should give me my property back and pay for what he did to me when I was 13.
    snowrider Posts: 13, Reputation: 5

Oct 24, 2007, 12:17 AM
    North Carolina is one of the only states where there is no statute of limitations for felonies. Rape is considered a felony.

Have a look at

North Carolina General Assembly - Home Page

And click on "general statutes" under the shortcuts heading on the top right hand side. Click on the Table of Contents link to browse by section. There's lots of information regarding the law on the issue.

This link will take you directly to some of the details on NC's laws on rape:

Chapter 14

I don't know the details of your property claims, but those would obviously be handled separately.

Talk to a lawyer and get some professional advice on this!

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statutory Rape? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone know the laws in Florida? Can a 16 year old girl be charged of statutory rape by the parents of a 14 year old boy? Please help me. This is very important.

Statutory rape. [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Readers, from what i beleive, statutory rape is anyone who is older than Age of Consent, And someone who is younger, i am currently 14 and live in Canada, and my boyfriend has just turned 18. i will soon be 15 ( March ):) and Canadian Age Of Consent Laws Age Is 14.:) does...

Statutory rape [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 19 year old guy who lives in Alberta, Canada & had a sexual intercourse with a 16 year old girl. Can I get charged with statutory rape by her parents? Im not really sure what the age of consent here in Alberta Canada.. please help me

Statutory Rape? [ 3 Answers ]

Would it be considered illegal for me, a 16 year old to be dating and having sex with an 18 year old, in New York?

Hello - Statutory Rape? [ 8 Answers ]

In 2004, I met a guy who was involved with an acquaintance who had been dating him for years on end. She introduced me to him as he was seventeen, I was twenty at the time, blah blah blah.. I began dating him shortly thereafter. His family welcomed me in and told me that we had to be careful that...

View more questions Search