Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evona Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 09:58 AM
    I need a passport
    My passport recently got damaged and in order for me to renew it they told me I need my origial brith certificate! I was born in Wien Austria and I moved to the states when I was 7 months old. I became a citizen as soon as my parents obtained there citizenship in austria rto come to the U.S If I want to get a original copy of my certificate because I lost it where would I get it from? would they have it here in the us or do I have to write to the embassy in austria? I also got married in Florida would the passport services accept a cerified copy from the court? I'm in a dilema because I'm leaving to work for carnival cruise lines and I need my passport asap!! :eek:
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 10:15 AM
    There's a document called "Consular Report of Birth Abroad"- See the following website on how to do this:

How to Apply for a Certified Copy of a Consular Report of Birth Abroad

You will also need a naturalization certificate to show that even though you were born abroad to non US citizens, you have since become a US citizen.

Do you recall what documentation you submitted to get your first passport? Perhaps you can resurrect that...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passport [ 9 Answers ]

Hello: Does my passport have an RFID chip in it? excon

Passport [ 3 Answers ]

Are convicted felons granted passports

Passport [ 2 Answers ]

I am going abroad in February and need to find out what steps do I take to change my passport to my new married name. I do not have much time to get this done since I just found out about this trip. Thanks for any information. PatS

Do I need a passport? [ 5 Answers ]

We are planning a trip to Memphis, from Canada. Is there a law yet, to have to have a passport. We are going in March. Do I need to do this?

View more questions Search