Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rodgusta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 05:19 PM
    First dui Violation of probation Driving w/suspended Lic
    Hi, I live in central Florida, I was convicted for first DUI back in January and sentenced to a year probation, I couldn't work for 5 months, last week I was driving to work and got pulled because my tinted windows was to dark. I was sended to jail for driving with a Suspended License with $250 bond, also got arrested warrant, while in jail, for violation of probation. Bond $2000. I paid 10% of the bonds. I'm waiting to go court to see Judge. I'm wondering what will be the outcome of this. My PO said that I violated my probation bcause I was driving w/Suspd.Lic. I haven't register for one of my classes, owe 2 month to court payments, no made any community hours yet. I'm really in a very bad time, bcause my DUI I lost my job, without unemployment benefits, couldn't afford payments, couldn't drive to find jobs or to community hours, I had until Feb. 2009 to have all this complete, except for that class which I took 3 days after the day. I was 2 days in Jail for this offense. Please give me some advice and what can be the posible results. ( on my 2 arests was no any accident, nor felony or damage involved).. Also the officer that arrest me this time, she lost my wallet with all my documents on it, she put it on the hood and forgot when drove away. Now I have no Id at all, she said that I have just say that I lost it.
    I do appreciate your help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 06:27 PM

Pack your tooth brush. If you can get your fines paid up, and if you do your community service by the time you go to court, but not being caught up on all of those issues, will look really really bad to the judge.

Lost id is nothing since that really can not be proven, it may get officer in trouble if you report it, but does not effect the case.

Time for really really good attorney, very possible jail time on the probation violation, of course license suspended a lot longer now, and a lot more probation when you get out of jail.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2008, 08:11 AM

Chuck is correct about all that he speaks of. Anytime you have your license suspended and you are caught driving is a no, no in Florida. Couple that with the fact you are on probation, that is a real no, no. Regardless of everything, you should have at least done your community service hours. That should not have cost you anything but the effort to get there and home again. Florida really cracked down on DUI's a few years ago and got very tough on drinking and driving. You really need to get registered for classes and get caught up on the court fines and your monthly probation supervision fee as well (you'll just have to pay this anyway). You could very well be facing jail time due to the PO violation.
    PEPZOR56 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2010, 07:17 PM
    Lost my job due to a dui can i collect unemployment benefits
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2010, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PEPZOR56 View Post
    LOST MY JOB DUE TO A DUI CAN I COLLECT UNEMPLOYMENT BENIFITS
    Hello P;

Uhhh, no.

excon
    PEPZOR56 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2010, 09:16 AM
    Comment on excon's post
    Got it 275.00 a week you were wrong
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2010, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PEPZOR56 View Post
    got it 275.00 a week you were wrong
    Hello again, P:

I'm happy for you.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driving on suspended license [ 3 Answers ]

I was charged with d.s.l. got my license straight then suspended again because I forgot about a ticket this is all in Georgia.got caught again for d.s.l. because I forgot about ticket and court date. Have not been to court on either one. What are possibilities and advice.

Violation of probation and driving on a suspended [ 2 Answers ]

I facing 2 warrants and would like to know what I am facing as far a jail time. The warrants are vop for dui first offense and the second one is failure to appear for driving on a suspended license. I have no previous arrest or convictions of any kind. Can someone please help me out! I am...

Probation Violation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend who is currently on probation in VA, for midemeanor charges relating to firearms and recently was caught again with firearms in a vehicle in MD. Does this new charge violates the probation in VA since this happened in MD and what is the worst case scenario?

Violation of learners permit driving license [ 1 Answers ]

I got cought driving without a 21 who has at least 3 year driving exp in New Jersey... But my court date is after my road test day... so does it mean I can get my license first before I go to court and its okay?? One of my friend told me DMV might not let me take the road test until after the...

Violation for probation? [ 3 Answers ]

I am on probation now and 5 months ago was extended for 6 months for not completing a drug offense class. I am at the end of my extended period and I have not completed the class again.When I go to see the judge in some weeks do you think I would be extended again or given jail time? And I have...

View more questions Search