Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 6, 2013, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    We are talking about two different subjects:
    1. Arrest vs conviction.
    2. Whether or not expunged records are expunged from background check company databases.
    Also, as I discovered in this thread, a background check cannot report arrests more than 7 years in the past (unless the pay is more than $75,000 per annum)

Invidious discrimination against potential high-wage earners, but that fine, I guess with the current Federal government. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will having an arrest for simple assault prevent me from teaching in TN? [ 4 Answers ]

Over a year ago, I was the victim of two terrible domestic violence situations in which I was the victim. Both times (2 months apart), I, along with the perpetrator, was arrested and charged; me for simple assault (because I fought back; the first time he had a black eye and the second time he had...

Will an arrest record affect my job search? [ 7 Answers ]

I was arrested a couple of months ago, but I was given a city ordinance charge. The police only charged me for a disorderly conduct charge. I was not finger printed or breatherlyzed at all. I basically paid for my bond and I was let go and is not required to go to court. I am scared whether...

Can I get a job as a Medical Assistant if I can an assault arrest on my record? [ 7 Answers ]

I just turned 18 and my brother and I got into a little fight and my mother dearest called the cops on me... I went to jail for 2 days for assault on a minor and property damage, which was a cheap chain I broke. I was released and all charges was dismissed by court but I cannot get this off my...

Arrest and teaching [ 11 Answers ]

I have a similar situation. I was arrested in August of 2010 for pwid. I got a lawyer and at the arraignment the prosecutor charged me with possession. My lawyer and prosecutor put me in drug court where I finished the program and then my case was nolled. I recently got hired to tutor at an...

Arrest record with no conviction & teaching [ 12 Answers ]

My question is this-We live in California & I just finished school to become an Early Childhood Education teacher. My husband & I had a wicked argument when we were going through a stressful time. I was going to take our son & go to Chicago because I'd had it. To prevent me from leaving my husband...

View more questions Search