Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stylo66 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2010, 06:09 AM
    Probation violation consequences for misdemeanor
    I have been on probation almost 3 years I will be done in July I haven't messed up or anything in almost 3 years until last week me and my boyfriend were arguing and the cops got called and neither of us touched each other and we both went to jail for domestic violence assault 3rd degree misdemeanor it was stupid could I beat it in court? I'm scared to go to my p.o. I'm almost done in cosmetology school and going to get married
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 07:49 AM

If you do not report this to your PO this is an automatic violation. Before you are formally terminated from probation your criminal record will be run and at that time your PO will know and violate you.

You'll just have to deal with the consequences of being arrested and hope you are not convicted of this new charge.

Sounds like you'll be violated for not telling the PO about the new charge as you must report any police contact to them (even a speeding ticket for instance).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of misdemeanor probation in tn [ 16 Answers ]

What is the statue of limitations for violation of misdemeanor probation in Tennessee?

Probation violation consequences [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend just got arrested a few days ago for violationg his probation by failing a drug test for marijuana. His probation officer said she would testify for him in court and put in a good word for him because he has done everything they have asked of him by taking all the classes required...

Misdemeanor probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

My good friend was just picked up for misdemeanor probation violation. This is a 4 year old misdemeanor. After she was picked up it stated she had not told her prob. Officer that she moved. She had sent a letter at the time of the move because she had no working phone. She also called and her...

Violation felony probation with a misdemeanor [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend was arrested in 05 on drug charges and used First Offender. For his charges it carried 15 years but he received 2 years probation. He reported the 1st year. His. P.O. said since he was doing so well he didn't have to come back until he got off which is July 7 next month. He violated...

Misdemeanor probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on probation in the state of Michigan until April 2009 and I violated my probation on October 29, 2008 for the same offense, retail fraud, my new amount was a lot less than the first one. What will happened to me. I have two small children and recently got married.

View more questions Search