Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cnsweeney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 11:35 PM
    Old Juvenile Warrant.Now An Adult.
    I am a 21 year old male.When I was 16 I was court ordered to a juvenile detention center and I went AWOL(escaped).I know there was a warrant out for me. Now that I am 21 is it still active?If so what is the most thing likely to happen if I turn myself in.I mean I was a kid. Would they send me to jail or just drop it?
    beebeecee Posts: 44, Reputation: 13

Nov 19, 2008, 01:36 AM

I think it depends on what it was for... you should call a lawyer and ask, you may have to go in and pay a small fee and have him review your case.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2008, 04:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by beebeecee View Post
    I think it depends on what it was for... you should call a lawyer and ask, you may have to go in and pay a small fee and have him review your case.

Warrants never expire. It's still active and, yes, OP needs an Attorney.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2008, 05:57 AM

I agree with Judy in that warrants never expire. You could be picked up if you go to say the DMV for a driver's license, get stopped by the cops in a traffic stop and your ID ran. Better get in touch with an attorney to have this cleared up before you end up in jail and have a hard time getting to a phone book to find an attorney. Everything is always easier on the outside, believe me, rather than the inside.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2008, 07:20 AM

Yes, now it can actually be more seroius ( depending on what the actual charge was for)

If you were to do 4 months in a youth detention center, now you may have to do 4 months in a county jail.
    A lot worst than a youth center.

You need to hire an attorney who will try to work this out, perhaps with probation instead.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can juvenile records be used against you as an adult? [ 12 Answers ]

Hey I'm curious to know if you have a juvenile record but are now an adult and have no adult record. Can your juvenile record be brought up in court as evidence? Or is everything in your juvenile record irrelevant and will be thrown out if you are an adult? Thanks, -pegs-

Recovery Warrant, Civil Warrant or Detainer Warrant? [ 4 Answers ]

I closed on the purchase of a house on April 27th. The seller notified a roommate (who was "not" a tenant) to move on April 4th. He moved his furniture on April 12 but left 4 broken down vehicles, and 2 garages wall-to-wall with things. He is dragging his feet on moving because he's angry at the...

Juvenile conviction [ 2 Answers ]

My 14 years old son was arrested after he and his friend was caught burglary and grand theft at a nearby school. My husband and I signed and agreed for him to follow a case worker for 3 to 6 months as his probation. During this period, he will also do community service as required. I was told if he...

Juvenile law [ 2 Answers ]

Can a juvenile record be used against me as an adult

Juvenile records used in adult misdemeanor cases [ 1 Answers ]

Can Juvenile records be used against an adult in a minor misdemeanor case? More specifically, if an adult has not had a citation in nearly 3 years, can the prosecuting entity use his/her juvenile records as basis for sentencing or plea recommendation, or could this be considered prejudicial?

View more questions Search