Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    S37not's Avatar
    S37not Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 29, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Sex-offender wants to move on
    Right now I just got out of prison for the dumbest sex charge.I'm 22 years old and I'm trying to move on with my life by complying with the probation.I understand that a sex charge is the most hated right now but I need a job and no one will even give me a chance to show them that I was and still am a very serious young worker trying to move on with my life.Please fill me in on how to just find a job.PLEASE:(
    cpalmist's Avatar
    cpalmist Posts: 137, Reputation: 32
    Junior Member

    Aug 29, 2007, 09:53 AM
    I'm wondering if your counselors/prison support staff aren't far better resources for this type of information, if only for their previous experience in trying to place folks like yourself. Your first call should be to a sex addicts support group to get their input and suggestions as they've already been through it and network through them.
    Good luck and keep your stick on the ice.
    Clough's Avatar
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

    Aug 29, 2007, 05:23 PM
    I don't know where you live. But, in the U.S. many places have Workforce Development offices where there are counselors who would be more than willing to help you.

    workforce development - Google Search
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,305, Reputation: 7692

    Aug 29, 2007, 06:03 PM
    There are some businesses where there are less questions asked, these are of course some of the worst jobs, the lowest paying jobs and so on.

    For example in GA there were work in some of the timber industy, some of the plants that make fence posts. There are some of the local truck companies, that do towing or dump truck if you get a CDL license.

    Also if you start your own business, there is no background check
    rockinmommy's Avatar
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

    Aug 30, 2007, 06:57 AM
    I agree with Father Chuck, you may have to stick it out at a less desirable job for a while. Then once you have someone who is willing to give you a great reference it should become easier and easier.

    What type of work do you ultimately want to do?

    I think you're also going to have to be persistent. You may not be able to apply for only 5 jobs to get 1 offer. But I'll bet if you go out and apply for 30 jobs you'll find at least a couple of people willing to give you a chance. Also, with the BIG strike against you, make sure you have everything else going FOR you. Wear a pair of khakis and a nice polo or button-down instead of jeans and a t-shirt (even if you're applying to dig ditches). Shake their hand and look them right in the eye. When talking about your situation don't say things like "the dumbest sex charge ever". Find a way to word things that doesn't sound defensive or immature. Experiment on paper to see what sounds best. Have a friend or family member listen to you "practice" talking about it. You're going to have to really seem impressive and just be prepared for rejection.

    Good luck!
    Karla in TX
    s_cianci's Avatar
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

    Sep 1, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Obviously you'll have to get a job where you won't have any direct contact with children ; something in private industry. You might also want to consider starting your own business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex offender redristration [ 11 Answers ]

My husband is in jail for not registering,this is his first time not what are the chances of him doing hard time?are they going to send him to the pen he has only done 2 months in the city jail and hasent yet been indighted will they just make him serve his time now

Husband is sex offender wanting to see his kids. [ 51 Answers ]

My husband is corrently in prison as a sex offender. The victim was my dauther his stepdauther. My three dauther's and I have forgave him for what he did. He has repeatly asked my dauther the (victim) to forgive him for what he did. My dauther(victim) cried because she said that she wants her...

Sex Offender guidelines and rules [ 17 Answers ]

18 years ago my father plead guilty to the rape of a fifteen year old girl. This sex was consensual, however, a big mistake on my fathers part. The judge ordered him to six months in jail. A light sentence due to the fact, it was not rape. Just last year he was told he had to register as a sex...

Juvenile sex offender [ 1 Answers ]

Live in Alabama / My stepson sexually abused my daughter he is now 19. (he was 16 last time it happened and she was 7) anyway, went to court he was on house arrest and had to attend counseling. My question is, due to other unfortunate events my husband gave up his rights and my stepson was adopted...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search