Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Stephen Scherr's Avatar
    Stephen Scherr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 2, 2006, 04:01 PM
    Probation transfer
    My wife and I received probation.We had to accept a plea agreement and 2 felony 4's.All allegations of dangerous crimes against children have been lifted.Our 3 children live in Maryland with a relative.This relative doesn't want us to get our children back.We lost our infant son in March 1999.We sued the Doctor who has a Bomax repremand of "do not pratice pediatrics"His attorney had us arrested and charged us with 7 crimes.We sold are house in Arizona,and are purchasing another house in Pennsylvania.Our probation officer is calling are children victims.He is reluctant in transferring probation to Pennsylvania.I am getting a hard time about transfer.Is there an easy way to transfer probation from AZ to PA? Please help if you can with an answer.WE also have court dates in Maryland to get are children back.We need to live within 10 hours drive of Maryland. Not 3.5 days. Thank you
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Oct 2, 2006, 05:37 PM
    No, if your probation officer does not want you to go, he will and can stop you, and if you leave the state without his permission, he will have you arrested and held for probation violation.

    Assuming this is shortly after the agreement and getting on probation. You may well want to put things on hold and let your life get back to some normal level and prove to the probation officer you can work within the rules.

    But no, you can not force him to allow you to move.
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Oct 4, 2006, 11:48 AM
    Hello Stephen:

    The Padre is right on. If you leave the state without permission, you'll never get it, plus you might do slam time. You do need to get definitive with your PO. First ask to see the written criteria for a transfer. It's probably in the probation officer procedures manual. If they hesitate to give it to you, then you probably QUALIFY for a transfer. If they don't comply with your request, ask to speak to the supervisor, etc. Be polite. You're only asking for documentation. Make your formal request in writing only. You probably both need a job for a transfer, and a place to live.

    IF the authorities think your children ARE your victims, that is reason for them to deny you. As I said, you need clarification. If they deny you, you need to know why.

    No matter what the decision is, it CAN be appealed, but the process starts with the first denial. Better get moving (I mean writing your letter).


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On probation [ 7 Answers ]

OK I've been placed on probation as of February 1st,2006 until Feb 1st,2009.I'm scheduled for a personal meeting with my student coordinator to set up classes and what not.the problem is it's out of state,I haven't spoken with anyone including my probation officer since January 18th.should I try to...

Probation [ 7 Answers ]

I was placed on probation for a year for grand theft under 3,000 in fees. Time is up oct. 15-06 I have not been able to pay any money but I have completed all community hrs. I was 2 months pregnant at the time and did not know it I had my child 6-13-06 he passed on 6-30-06 though I have not had...

Probation and a job [ 2 Answers ]

An individual is hired at a job while in a work release center and is placed on probation with the requirement to have a job. If this person is fired from their job, must the employer contact anyone legally? I would greatly appreciate any help that can be offered on this. Thanks!

Probation [ 5 Answers ]

Can probation be imposed for a nonincarcerable offense?

Probation Transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My fiance' is in County Jail on misdemeanor drug charges. He is due to be released August 25 and has one year's probation after his release. The problem arises in the fact that I am in Kansas, where we live, and he has been told that he must serve his probation in Indiana. He has an established...

View more questions Search