Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    kris35475's Avatar
    kris35475 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 23, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Juvenile sex offender
    Live in Alabama / My stepson sexually abused my daughter he is now 19. (he was 16 last time it happened and she was 7) anyway, went to court he was on house arrest and had to attend counseling. My question is, due to other unfortunate events my husband gave up his rights and my stepson was adopted by his stepfather which resulted in him changing his last name. I thought that a registered sex offender (even juvenile which he is) could not change his name unless for religious beliefs or marital status. This is bothering me and can not seem to get help from sheriffs office because records are sealed. He has in the mean time threatened my 14 year old son by email that he would beat him up (explicitly) I filed a police report and am waiting for the investigator to call me. He seems to think he is above the law.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,305, Reputation: 7692

    Jun 23, 2007, 01:50 PM
    They can be adopted, and though adoption have a name change, but records are done by your social security number, fingerprints and other identifing. But yes, unless he was tried as a adult ( and you should have fought to have him tried as a adult) but if tried as a juv, his records are sealed at 18. Period, I don't like it, you don't like it, but he gets a new start.

    If he is threating your 14 year old, you should not wait but be calling them dectitives and the DA, you should also be going to court to get a order of protection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can juvenile records be used against you as an adult? [ 12 Answers ]

Hey I'm curious to know if you have a juvenile record but are now an adult and have no adult record. Can your juvenile record be brought up in court as evidence? Or is everything in your juvenile record irrelevant and will be thrown out if you are an adult? Thanks, -pegs-

Sex offender redristration [ 11 Answers ]

My husband is in jail for not registering,this is his first time not what are the chances of him doing hard time?are they going to send him to the pen he has only done 2 months in the city jail and hasent yet been indighted will they just make him serve his time now

Sex Offender guidelines and rules [ 17 Answers ]

18 years ago my father plead guilty to the rape of a fifteen year old girl. This sex was consensual, however, a big mistake on my fathers part. The judge ordered him to six months in jail. A light sentence due to the fact, it was not rape. Just last year he was told he had to register as a sex...

Juvenile records [ 5 Answers ]

Can juvenile records be seen on a company's background check.

View more questions Search