Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Pcolasurf's Avatar
    Pcolasurf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 12, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Juvenile Probation State of Florida
    I have a son that has been placed on probation for one year with the Dept. of Juvenile Justice, he just turned 18 about 2 weeks ago. Has been on probation since Dec. 2007 and now has a offer to go to work for the company that his father owns in La. He has a place to live and the job. Does anyone know what the policy is in this State (Florida) to transfer his juvenile probation over to that state? Where could I get a copy of that policy so that I will have everything needed to do this? Also if I was told that I can petition the court once he has completed six months or 1/2 of the time, do I do that in Florida or La. He has already paid his court cost, he has done his community service hours and wrote his apology letters. This all had to be done by his 18th birthday for some reason. Thanks for any help on this.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Feb 12, 2008, 04:36 PM
    The basic policy is it is completely up to the opinoin of the judge and the state they want to move to.

    He first can't move unless he has permission from the PO and/or state of FL. If you want to have his probation ended, you can apply /make motion with the juv court to have his probation ended. And show the reason.

    Or you can ask permission of the PO/ court (normally by asking the PO ok) to either 1. just allow them to move, if unsuperised probation, the PO may allow him to just move and call in on certain days. Or 2. transfer the probation to the new state.

    Your first step should be to go in with your son, to the PO, brin with you a official letter with a job offer from that company and ask the PO what your options are and what he believes would be the best to do.

    If he says tough luck, then hire an attorney and try going to the judge, but normally the PO will work with you. ***** in JUV court, they are normally a lot more helpful than adult probation officers are.
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Feb 12, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Hello P:

    Look here:


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to file state tax for Florida [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I worked in Florida for 3 months, Florida doesn't have state tax right, So do I need to file state tax for Florida ? Please let me know, Santosh!

Can probation be moved from state to state [ 8 Answers ]

If on probation can you move your probation to another state or do you have to stay in the state that you have probation in.

Reporting probation in Ohio to Non reporting probation in Florida [ 3 Answers ]

In June 2006 I was sentenced to 5 years probation in Ohio. In Ohio I could travel anywhere in the state without permission. I moved to Florida in September 2007. In Florida I cannot leave the county without permission. I asked my Florida PO about non-reporting probation. I was told that Florida has...

Transferring Probation from state to state [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is currently incarcerated in Virgnia for drug related charges. He will be on probation for about a year when he is released. Is there any way we could apply for a transfer to North Carolina (where I live) before he gets out so hopefully he can move here immediately? Who do I need to...

Probation transfer from state to state [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend had a case in the state of New Jersey in which he received probation. He also had a probation in NYC because of a previous case. Because he lives in New York he transferred his NJ probation to NY. Apparently this transfer never happened because he received a letter in July stating that...

View more questions Search