My husband lost his license due to an accident w/no insurancein Virginia. License has been suspended but was caught driving on suspended license. DMW classified him as habitual offender. Judge for accident put him on probation and told him it was okay for him to get his license but DMV won't give license back because court must be petioned. We don't know how to petition the court... we have copies of everything and all fees and fines have been paid. We saw a lawyer and asked but he would not help us unless we paid him $950. He said there were 3 magic words but that was considered free legal advice and he would not help us. Does anyone know how we should proceed??