Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    elwoodhunnewell's Avatar
    elwoodhunnewell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 17, 2018, 01:37 PM
    Florida v. Kentucky krs 514.040 jurisdiction
    If a purchaser sends a check to Florida to a contract sent from Florida to Kentucky where I never solicited my services in Kentucky had an office in Kentucky or step foot in Kentucky but was extradited to Kentucky under the criminal charge of Theft By Deception does Kentucky have jurisdiction over me-purchaser did receive the product albeit late? The purchaser found my web site and solicited me for my services.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Aug 18, 2018, 01:13 PM
    Why would this be a criminal issue ? It would be a civil issue, unless there was an intent to defraud.

    But yes, they can take it Federal since it was interstate commerene or where the money was sent from and the product was delivered.

    You can ask for a dismissal as your state should have jurisdiction, but you will need an attorney to file this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take to transfer probation from Florida to Kentucky? [ 10 Answers ]

I am on probation in Florida, and I am needing to move to Kentucky to take care of my sick mother who was injured very badly in a car accident. The questions I have are How long would it take to get it transferred? Where it's a family emergency, will it be approved any faster? What do I...

How do I change the jurisdiction from Florida to Michigan [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to get the jurisdiction from Florida to Michigan changed for my children,4 and 10. He has remarried and now wants the kids it will go to court down their and I don't have a job for money to do this. He did not want the kids then and now I guess he trying to imprress her please help

Married in vegas, live in Florida and I want the divorce. Can I do it in Florida? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I got married in Vegas.. I'm from Guatemala, we are still in the process of legalizating me, but we've been having a lot of problems, and I'm actually contemplating a divorce. We live in Florida... do I have to go back to vegas to get a divorce, can I do it from here in Florida.. what about...

View more questions Search