My son was arrest on 3rd degree assault of a minor. He was taking into custody. This was not at all what it appeared to be. The child said he held him down and the officers who came to the home said once an assault charge was filed someone had to be arrested.
We are trying to get a copy of the police report but they will not let us have one without an attorney requesting it. He does not have the money for an attorney and will pled not guilty to the charges. Is there a form we can get that helps us file the motion of discovery with the office to get copies of the report?