Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !

    My ex boyfriends estranged wife tried to kidnap my son

    Asked Oct 27, 2007, 10:17 AM 3 Answers
    Hello I have a 9 year old son who I have full custody of him right now his father resides in Michigan state I reside in Indiana state my ex boyfriend is my sons father he was remarried or married to this lady she is canadian citizen she had a argument to my ex in dearborn Michigan with my ex which is her husband she doesn't need any father son relationship between my son and his father because she didn't want my son to live with her she wanted my ex all to her self so she crossed into united states through the border into Michigan and she tried to kidnap my son away from his father who my son was currently staying with so my ex would go to her house to be beside her my question is she tried to cross my son into canada immigration border to get him to her house my son so his father would be beside his wife I did not give her any permit or permission to takemy son away from his father andimmigration calledme and told me topick up my sonfrom immigration border and she also put his dad in jail for assault and battery which is untrue can I still get her for kidnapping should I take her to my city court or what steps should I take

    Last edited by Curlyben; Oct 27, 2007 at 10:26 AM.
    Search this Question
    Share |
    3 Answers
    peggyhill's Avatar
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150
    Senior Member

    Oct 27, 2007, 03:57 PM
    You need to talk to the local police department ASAP. I don't know exactly what you can do to her for this, but I'm sure the cops do. She sounds like she is totally insane. She could be a danger to you and your son. What if she tries to kidnap him again and this time, she doesn't get caught? Go down to the police dep. Right now and tell them what happened. They can give you the best advice as far as how to protect your son and his father. That's so scary to think someone would do something like that! Good luck!
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,970, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Oct 27, 2007, 04:56 PM

    First, YOU don't do anything about kidnapping. Kidnapping is a US Federal crime. What you need to do is talk to the US Federal Attorney for the district where she tried to take him across the border. It will be up to them to prosecute. Don't be surprised if they decline because it would mean extradition if she a Canadian citizen.

    As to the issues between her and the boy's father, that's something for him to pursue.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,222, Reputation: 7689

    Oct 27, 2007, 07:51 PM

    Yes, as soon as it happened, you should have called both the local police and the FBI

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax filing for H4 - dependent - Wife and Son [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Tax Expert. I am in USA since 28Nov 2005 till today , Well my wife and my son joined me in USA on 24th May 2006. They were here till 20th Jan 2007. Since my wife and son are on H4 they couldn't get SSN. My concern is how should I get Tax Id for them and Is there a separate procedure to...

Adopting my boyfriends son [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriends son's bio. Mother past away. Can I adopt him if we are not married?

Ex wife is trying to relocate with my son [ 1 Answers ]

My ex wife has submitted an emergency temporary relocation for my son, I objected of Course with the courts. The reason she want's an emergency hearing is because she states her current husband Has already relocated I know for a fact he is still in town and for a fact working. How do I...

My husband's son and ex-wife [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is ill. We don't have many properties or money, all we have is our home, it is not a mansion, but it is worth a significant amount of money. My husband's son and his ex-wife are the most money hungry, self centered people I ever met (and I am not exagerating) they have tried several...

View more questions Search