My son was convicted on a felony charge of theft about 19 months ago. He received a deferred adjudication, with a 4 year probation. He had to attend a drug rehab program, and he has been paying restitution every month since his conviction. Every drug test he has been given has been negative. If he pays up the balance of the money he owes can he expect to have a chance at getting the probation ended early? He has already served 19 months out of 4 years. If he can get the probation ended, how does he do it? This probation is preventing him from getting a job, and he wants to go out of state to pursue an apprenticeship program, but he can't do it while he is on probation.