Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    jonaum23's Avatar
    jonaum23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 13, 2011, 01:53 PM
    Disorderly Conduct
    I received a disorderly conduct - public intoxication in Chicago. I am twenty-five and from out of town so I have no previous record in IL. I do have a public intoxication in IA but its been about 7 years. Could I get jail time for this? Should I hire a lawyer? Or would it just be best to show up on my court date and pay a fine?
    twinkiedooter's Avatar
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

    Sep 13, 2011, 02:15 PM
    Depending on how far away you are from Chicago I'd show up and pay the fine. Don't see you getting any jail time out of this other than when you were booked and had to wait to get bonded out.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Sep 13, 2011, 08:12 PM
    I doubt any jail time, was it a city code violation, or a state law. What court will give you an idea.

    But an attorney may even plead it out, get it dismissed but expect it to cost 3000 or so for a good one, And then he may go and not help one bit. But they may.
    jonaum23's Avatar
    jonaum23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 14, 2011, 02:49 PM
    Thanks, it was a city code violation and not state law. Luckily they dropped me off at my sisters so I didn't even have to spend time in jail to get booked.

    Would an attorney allow me to get a deferred judgement and get it expunged from my record or could I do this myself?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does Ga. View disorderly conduct? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a professional license in NY and am considering relocating to Ga and want to get the equivalent credential in Ga. That would normally not be a problem except that in 1996 I was charged with a misdemeanor and pled to disorderly conduct which is only a non-criminal violation in NY. However,...

Disorderly conduct [ 3 Answers ]

Will disorderly conduct stops you from getting a job in most places?could you join the military?or become a state employee?

Disorderly Conduct [ 2 Answers ]

I've read through and have found contradicting information about this offense so figured I would be better off to just ask. A year and a half ago I was north of chicago off 90 misplaced my wallet at an oasis and while inside was bumped into. I had already had a bad day and reached for my wallet to...

Disorderly conduct [ 1 Answers ]

I receive a ticket for disordery conduct and been loud. Would this appear on my record. Because I never been arest before or ant charges

Disorderly conduct, how will it affect me? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a disorderly conduct charge on my record. I am beginning to look for a job ( I am just finishing school) and I am really nervous about how this will affect my job search. When someone looks at my record, what do they see? I am sure that it is more extensive then just saying 'disorderly...

View more questions Search