Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    ansimation's Avatar
    ansimation Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 2, 2007, 12:53 AM
    County to county probation transfer
    My girlfriend and her children live in another county. I am on felony probation in the state of Florida with a "drug package". I work from home in a rural area as a freelance graphic designer and web developer and there isn't really a lot of work in this area for that. Currently I rely on contacts from the internet to generate income because I live in a poor community and have limited contacts. With her being in a well populated and a more diverse community I feel that it will help me and my business together. However I need to know if I will be able to transfer down there to be with her (another county still within florida) and if so what all I need to do in order to make it happen. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Oct 2, 2007, 04:51 AM
    Hello T:

    I wrote a thing about that very subject. You can find it at the top called transfer of probation. I don't see why it wouldn't work between counties. Should be easier, actually.

    ansimation's Avatar
    ansimation Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 2, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Yeah I read that last night before posting this though I wasn't sure if applied to same state transfers or not but I think that is the route I am going to take. Appreciate it.
    donald1980's Avatar
    donald1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 8, 2010, 10:02 PM
    How do I transfer from one county to the next in the same state... and is it easy to do?
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Oct 9, 2010, 05:39 AM

    Hello d:

    In my state, you can move from one county to another without transferring your probation. I learned that after I wrote the thing above.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation issue resulting in county jail? [ 4 Answers ]

I am in Ohio however my case is in KY. Per an earlier post It sounds like the consensus is that I should expect punishment in the form of jail time. SOOOOOOOOO... my question is... what should I expect in county jail. I am a 37 yr old woman who has never even been arrested. NO drugs or...

Local county law. [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently starting a business, in Lawn Care. I would like to know if I am required to have a license for Clay County (Orange park) Florida? No one seems to know if I am required to be licensed for Lawn care here. Eric

Got OWI in a different County and on probation! [ 4 Answers ]

I am 20 yrs old and last weekend I got an operating while intoxicated ticket and I am on probation. I want to tell my probation officer but she hates me. The county I got the owi in is 60 miles away from where I am on probation in. I think I should tell her because I have a daughter and work full...

Can I move to another county? [ 3 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with someone in another county 3 hours away. I am in California. I have primary custody of my children with some visitation for father. Can I move without the father's permisssion? Or do I have to do it through the court. I am currently in the process of asking for full legal...

Know this county song? [ 5 Answers ]

If you know artist & title please let me know... some of the lyrics are 'I can see me being with you for the rest of my life.. I can see you loving me too.. it sure would be nice... two hearts, one love' thank you .

View more questions Search