Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    so scared's Avatar
    so scared Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 28, 2009, 12:41 AM
    Convicted felon on probation have been arrested for similar charge
    Hi, I'm a convicted felon in decatur,ga ireceived five years probation for possession of marijuana (felony) and possession of a fire- arm by a convicted felon. I'm on felony probation, back in June I was arrested for misdeminor possession of marijuana, failure to yield while turning left and driving with suspended license. I have reported to probation three times since then and haven't told my p.o about the arrest. My case has been bound over to state court and I'm pretty sure my p.o will see it on the computer report, I have to report to her on the 8th of October and into sure what I should do, I have a attorney for the case because the marijuana wasn't mine nor the car and the person the marijuana plans to claim it but until then I don't know what to do and if I don't get the case drop how much time could I receive
    stevetcg's Avatar
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

    Sep 28, 2009, 04:36 AM

    You could get your 5 years probation plus whatever you earn for what crimes you are eventually convicted of.

    BIG mistake not reporting to your PO. That alone could get you violated.
    SmellyDogsMom's Avatar
    SmellyDogsMom Posts: 67, Reputation: 3
    Junior Member

    Sep 28, 2009, 06:49 AM

    You need to discuss this matter with your retained attorney. He/she is bset to advise you. However, I am certrain that your conditions of probation require that you inform your probation officer, within a certain amount of time, of the arrest.

    Not reporting the new arrest or failing to report to your appointments will get you revoked sooner than almost anything. Probation officers and judges understand issues with marijuana. You can be ordered to counseling for that. However, blatant disregard for the rules is rarely forgiven.

    Talk to your lawyer immediately!!
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Sep 28, 2009, 07:15 AM

    Hello so:

    You can be violated for NOT telling your PO, even if you are found NOT GUILTY on the pot charge...

    One of your conditions of probation is to report ALL police contact. Once it's reported, if they don't violate you for not reporting it earlier, and you skate on the new charge, you won't be violated. They can't violate you on a maybe.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convicted felon marrying another convicted felon [ 2 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon marry another convicted felon? One is still in prison the other is no longer under supervised release. Both are federal cases.

Arrested but never convicted of a felony [ 2 Answers ]

I was arrested about 4 years ago and went to jail. I went before a jugde and was never convited of the crime of a felony. Can I still become a cop?

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

How long after probation my a convicted felon get a passport? [ 2 Answers ]

How long after a convicted felon gets off probation to get a passprt?

Charged/Convicted/Arrested [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Recently I was charged (given form 9 for appearance in court and fingerprinted) for theft under at Toronto CA (my first offence in my life, I am adult). In first appear I was asked to meet one community service lady, as per instruction I donated the money to charity and produce the receipt...

View more questions Search