Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    svaughan42982's Avatar
    svaughan42982 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 13, 2007, 03:24 PM
    Can probation be moved from state to state
    If on probation can you move your probation to another state or do you have to stay in the state that you have probation in.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Mar 13, 2007, 03:37 PM
    You can request a move, the state you are at has to approve it, and the state you want to move to has to approve it. You can not move till you have permission,
    Mr J's Avatar
    Mr J Posts: 5, Reputation: 2
    New Member

    Apr 2, 2007, 01:17 PM
    What if you do
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Apr 2, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Hello s:

    This is an answer I have given before. You too, Mr J.


    Ask your PO to supply you with the WRITTEN policy and procedures manual for his department. In it, you'll find a paragraph about transferring probation. By asking, he'll know that you want to transfer, so he's not going to be surprised when he receives your request. This whole thing is about avoiding surprises.

    Next; don't go yourself, but get a job and a place to live in the other state. Write the probation agency that will be doing your supervision. Introduce yourself. Tell them about your job, and your place to live. Tell them about your crime and how sorry you are. Tell them that you are about to request a transfer, and wanted to give them a heads up.

    Then, make your request in writing to your present PO. Having read the rules, you'll KNOW that you meet the criteria. Therefore, in your application, DON'T ASK!! TELL them that you meet the criteria for transfer according to rule such and such... cite the rule.

    A request formed in that manner will be awfully hard to turn down. If it IS turned down, you've got your ducks all lined up for an appeal.

    I didn't drink the koolaid
    ight2345's Avatar
    ight2345 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 14, 2008, 02:28 PM
    [QUOTE=Fr_Chuck]You can request a move, the state you are at has to approve it, and the state you want to move to has to approve it. You can not move till you have permission,[/QUO does it matter if your charges are bad or if there not that bad then could you move to another state
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    May 14, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Hello ight:

    You should start your own thread. You'll get a lot more responses that way. Maybe somebody will move it.

    Your charges don't matter. Believe me, WHATEVER you were convicted of, THEY think they're bad.

    Nope, it has to do with the RULES, and nothing but the rules. YOUR state may have rules that forbid serious offenders from moving... But I seriously doubt it. It would make no sense to require a serious offender to stay where he doesn't want to stay and let a less serious offender move...

    What I said above is what you need to do. Go read it. It's right there, above your post.

    dollab's Avatar
    dollab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 30, 2011, 10:23 AM
    Excon, I must say that I do believe you should take a career as a lawyer because your post on how to get a transfer is the most help I have received on this matter yet. Thank you for the lesson(:
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Jul 30, 2011, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dollab View Post
    Thank you for the lesson(:
    Hello dollab:

    Twarnt nothing..

    greekxcon's Avatar
    greekxcon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 29, 2011, 05:00 PM
    OK I just got out early on srp.(supervised re-entry program) I am on this program till 12/27/2011 then I have 5yrs probation. Because I am on a split sentence being 10 split 2yrs. With 5yrs. Probation will I have a chance to transfer my probation to my home state. I have a home address and I am wanting to go to school there. But I also have an traffic ticket there I need to take care of,it's already been paid but I want to get my dl's back. What can and should I do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transfer of Probation within the State [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been involved in a long process leading up to his trial, and through all this we have learned that the success rate in Johnson County, Kansas for individuals on probation is ridiculously low. Neither of us have enough money saved up to just up and move to another state, but...

Transfer of probation to another state [ 32 Answers ]

What is the procedure to transfer probation to another state

My Friend's Wife Moved out of State with Kids... his rights? [ 4 Answers ]

I am doing research for a friend of mine... he is not computer saavy, but I hate what he is going through, so I thought I would try and help him. Here is his story. His wife left Florida a couple of months ago and took their two small kids with her to KY. He sends the required child support...

Transfer felony probation to another state [ 1 Answers ]

My son is on felony probation in Florida and has a very sick brother in North Carolina. He needs to transfer his probation to state of North Carolina. What is the process if state of Florida gives him hard time transferring probation? His brother's illness is life threatening, and he is here in...

Probation transfer to diff State [ 1 Answers ]

I have received 5 yrs probation for a possession charge(2nd degree felony) in May 2004. I've gone to court in July 2006 for early termination because I was planning to join the U.S Army. The judge granted the motion for early termination of probation, but with conditions that I enlisted into the...

View more questions Search