Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    HemiPower's Avatar
    HemiPower Posts: 8, Reputation: 3
    New Member

    Sep 22, 2006, 06:59 PM
    Thanks for the help.
    Thanks For The Help.
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Sep 22, 2006, 08:26 PM
    Hello Hemi:

    She's either lived in a closet or she's already using a new name. She can go to court and have her name changed legally to that name (or whatever name she wants). She isn't going to be able to change her social security number, though.

    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7692

    Sep 23, 2006, 06:41 AM
    There is no way outside of using the Feds to change your ID where the bad guys can't track you down, and depending on who it is, even in the system there are flaws that can cause someone to get caught. Almost no one actually stays good within the system

    First, she can no longer ever contact anyone she ever knew before, including mother or father or sisters or aunts, NEVER, so the fact she contacted you means she is at a risk.

    They easiler tap peoples phones, remember they are not using it in court so they don't care it is illegal. They bribe court clerks or interns.

    Next if they like to eat Mexican food, they have to stop going out to those types of restaurants very often, The entire system has to do with changing who you are and what you do.

    Next if you used to work as a accountant, you can never do that again, but need to go be a janitor or something.

    Next without the feds you can't change you credit report, so if she has a checking account, a savings account, a credit card, even a store card like where you save money at Kroger or some grocrey store that is all data that tells people who you are, where you are and even what brands of food you buy. All of this is easy to get for a small amount of money.

    Next as excon said you can't change you social security number, you can of course use a fake one ( done every day by illegals) but you then can never collect social secuirty later either.

    But the fact she is still alive today and have done most of the above things that would allow them to find her, most likely they are not going to kill her at this point ( my guess anyway)

    I have set across the table and talked to the head of the mafia from (some state unnamed here) I have talked to serial killers, and 1000's of drug dealers. In most cases, unless it is some of the gang dealers, just see jail as part of doing business, if they can kill you during or before the trial to get out, they will but once in jail ( unless they have an appeal) they don't normally look at getting even.

    Now if it involveds gang people, maybe from south america or one of the meixican gangs, they are big into revenge and there would be more to worry about.

    And at this point, no the Feds will not care to help her, their offers are normally short lived. ( but she can ask)

    Also she has to be willing to be someone else, not just pretend to be there. So if she can walk away from every friend and family member she ever knew, and move to a state where she has never been to before and move to some town of maybe 6000 people to start over, Then she has ti made.

    ** I will note I helped train some witness protection people for new jobs way back in the 80s.

    Side funny note, I had a old timie family friend sitting in my office, so I walked in and called him by name, everyone in the room got real quiet. Turns out he was in the program and someone somewhere did not cross reference that I knew him.
    s_cianci's Avatar
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

    Sep 24, 2006, 11:47 AM
    It's not likely that she can do it on her own without committing fraud. She'll need the assistance of the feds.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7692

    Sep 24, 2006, 01:25 PM
    She can change her name at the court house, but they will have that record,

    She can in theory form a coporation using a false name, and get an employee ID number and open a bank account in that business name.
    As long as she pays the taxes on the business that is a way around it, not legal but does worl

    Of course she can also merely get a EIN for a business and use it. I have a church bank account that does not have any ID from me, only our church EIN number.

    Also there are some accounts like Paypal or some places that offer ATM cards for a lot of the homeless people. I am sure there are ways to get them without giving real info.

    But it is one of those things , soes she rent or own a home, whose name is the rental in, what about utilities, electric or gas records can be traced fairly easy with enough money.
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Sep 24, 2006, 04:33 PM
    Hello again, Hemi:

    Many of your questions stem from your belief that the feds or your local officials WILL help your friend. I doubt very seriously whether they will. What?? You think they're nice guys?


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Witness protection program [ 13 Answers ]

This is kind of a silly question, but I was just thinking... if you needed to go into witness protection, but you were in debt and had creditors after you, would the government pay the debt and/or forgive the debt? Because otherwise, the creditors would be trying to track you down, and that would...

Witness protection program [ 8 Answers ]

Just searching for info. On Witness Protection. If someone knew they were entering the Witness Protection Program, would they be allowed to let their parents know that they were leaving for a long time, but would be OK, or something along those lines? Or, would it be more like one day they were...

Auto accident with no witness or police report [ 2 Answers ]

I was parking my car at a busy gas station and hit a curb. The guy behind me said that I hit his car, but I said I didn't. None of the other customers witnessed anything, (it was full that day) and the police were not called. Am I liable for his "damages"?

Question(Advice about a program) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was wanting to take a information technology specialist program and I was wondering if you could tell me what you think of it. Do you believe that the courses I am taking aren't very good for the 3300 cdn that I am paying for them or do you think I should find another course or do you think...

View more questions Search