Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melissa234's Avatar
    Melissa234 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #1

    May 6, 2013, 04:30 PM
    I stole from my job and I think they know
    I stole from my job, almost every week I would get 40$ I did this for 3 months. I know that is wrong and that I am never going to do this ever again. They had no cameras... Recently my co worker told me that someone was stealing money everyday and that the owners were going to put cameras and find out who it was, cameras are on. The next day she told me that it was our manager the one stealing that he got caught... Obviously I didn't do this everyday so there had to be someone else doing this too. Problem is my boss told me he caught someone stealing but a different person and that that guy was going to get arrested today.. Nothing happened and I honestly think they're trying to trick me and I want to know what could happen to me this is the first time I steal something and I love my boss I would hate to look at him after all of this... I wouldn't be able to and I honestly I'm scared I'm only 19 I don't want to go to jail and I don't have any money right now I'm going through really tough times with my mom sick!!
    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 40,283, Reputation: 5645
    Expert
     
    #2

    May 6, 2013, 04:35 PM
    You don't love your boss or you wouldn't be stealing from him/her. Yes, you could go to jail and have a record for the rest of your life.

    So, since this is a Q&A site, what is your question for us?
    odinn7's Avatar
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert
     
    #3

    May 6, 2013, 04:37 PM
    I'm sorry your mother is sick but that's a poor excuse to try and justify stealing. It's wrong no matter how you look at it.
    Melissa234's Avatar
    Melissa234 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #4

    May 6, 2013, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You don't love your boss or you wouldn't be stealing from him/her. Yes, you could go to jail and have a record for the rest of your life.

    So, since this is a Q&A site, what is your question for us?
    . Honestly I am not here to justify what I did there's no excuse for it so I'm not going to sit here and say why I did it. I know it's wrong. My question is how much time can I spend in jail ? And if it's going to be in my record for ever ? Also if I got caught why aren't they telling me anything ? Do you think maybe they don't have prof and are trying to get me to confess ? If they do ask me should I confess??
    Melissa234's Avatar
    Melissa234 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #5

    May 6, 2013, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    I'm sorry your mother is sick but that's a poor excuse to try and justify stealing. It's wrong no matter how you look at it.
    I am not trying to justify it at all, I know that it is wrong and there's no excuse for it at all. The only reason why I mentioned that was because she can't work so if I get arrested who is going to support the house and help her.. Not to justify it at all I know it's such an ugly thing and it's a shame that I didn't think of the consequences when I was doing this.
    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 40,283, Reputation: 5645
    Expert
     
    #6

    May 6, 2013, 04:51 PM
    Yes, if you get convicted it will be on your record forever. How much time you spend in jail will probably be minimal, but lawyers are expensive.

    They might be waiting for you to confess. We can't know what they are doing or why.

    If they ask you should you confess? Or should you lie? Let's see, what would make you a bigger person?

    You are right, there is no excuse. You stole from your employer. I'm sorry you are in financial difficulty. I've been there, done that, probably a worse situation than you are in, but I never stooped that low.
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert
     
    #7

    May 6, 2013, 04:58 PM
    You stole, you know you stole, they know someone is stealing. Do they have proof? Not sure, only they know that. They're likely mentioning all of this to you because they suspect that it was you that stole.

    My family lives paycheck to paycheck, and I have 2 kids to feed, clothe, educate. I've never ever stooped so low as to even steal a bag of rice. There is no excuse for stealing, it's a choice certain people make, and you made that choice. Should you pay for it? I think you should, because there are other people that are in worse situations than you that would never ever do what you did.

    You say you learned your lesson. Well, if you really have learned a lesson, pay for the crime you committed, and take whatever consequences go with your actions.
    Melissa234's Avatar
    Melissa234 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #8

    May 6, 2013, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Yes, if you get convicted it will be on your record forever. How much time you spend in jail will probably be minimal, but lawyers are expensive.

    They might be waiting for you to confess. We can't know what they are doing or why.

    If they ask you should you confess? Or should you lie? Let's see, what would make you a bigger person?

    You are right, there is no excuse. You stole from your employer. I'm sorry you are in financial difficulty. I've been there, done that, probably a worse situation than you are in, but I never stooped that low.
    Thank you for taking your time to answer, again I know I understand the consequences and I know that what I did is wrong and very very stupid.
    Melissa234's Avatar
    Melissa234 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #9

    May 6, 2013, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    You stole, you know you stole, they know someone is stealing. Do they have proof? Not sure, only they know that. They're likely mentioning all of this to you because they suspect that it was you that stole.

    My family lives paycheck to paycheck, and I have 2 kids to feed, clothe, educate. I've never ever stooped so low as to even steal a bag of rice. There is no excuse for stealing, it's a choice certain people make, and you made that choice. Should you pay for it? I think you should, because there are other people that are in worse situations than you that would never ever do what you did.

    You say you learned your lesson. Well, if you really have learned a lesson, pay for the crime you committed, and take whatever consequences go with your actions.
    I understand, and yes I know that there's people that have it worse and would never dare to do such an ugly thing. I do know that it is horrible what I did but I've learned my lesson and I'm willing to pay the consequences. The only thing that hurts me about this is having to look at my boss and admit I did such thing, and obviously that my mother would have to find a way of paying the rent if I'm in jail.
    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 40,283, Reputation: 5645
    Expert
     
    #10

    May 6, 2013, 05:04 PM
    Yes, very stupid.

    I had cancer, had a child to raise and a husband who did not work much due to depression from my cancer. I took my lunch hours to go get my chemotherapy and then go back to work. Never EVER did I even consider stealing to help pay for my multiple surgeries and chemo, food for my daughter, a roof over her head, etc.

    One good thing is that you realize that you did wrong and, hopefully, you are learning from this. If your co-worker is not guilty of this, and is being blamed for your actions, it is your responsibility to come forward and take the fall. Do not let someone else, and their family, suffer from your indiscretions.
    Melissa234's Avatar
    Melissa234 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #11

    May 6, 2013, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Yes, very stupid.

    I had cancer, had a child to raise and a husband who did not work much due to depression from my cancer. I took my lunch hours to go get my chemotherapy and then go back to work. Never EVER did I even consider stealing to help pay for my multiple surgeries and chemo, food for my daughter, a roof over her head, etc.

    One good thing is that you realize that you did wrong and, hopefully, you are learning from this. If your co-worker is not guilty of this, and is being blamed for your actions, it is your responsibility to come forward and take the fall. Do not let someone else, and their family, suffer from your indiscretions.
    I am really sorry to hear that, I hope everything is going well for you and your family now, It sounds like it was very hard and of course you had it worse I have no child or cancer my only problem is that I am 19 and I have to support a house and my mother because she can't really work right now. And my father is an addict who steals from me... And yes I've already thought about this because one thing I do have is that I will never let someone else pay for what I did.. I've thought about this already but clearly there is someone else stealing because I've stole about 300$ in a matter of 3 months and they told me that money has been disappearing like about 160$ in only one day. I know I've never done that. But of course I will take responsibility for my actions if I got caught and if I didn't, I'm going to take this as a lesson learned and I honestly can say that I am never in my life going to steal something again even if it is a fruit.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,861, Reputation: 5429
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #12

    May 6, 2013, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa234
    I will take responsibility for my actions if I got caught and if I didn't, I'm going to take this as a lesson learned
    What are you going to do?
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert
     
    #13

    May 6, 2013, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa234 View Post
    I am really sorry to hear that, I hope everything is going well for you and ur family now, It sounds like it was very hard and of course you had it worse I have no child or cancer my only problem is that I am 19 and I have to support a house and my mother because she can't really work right now. And my father is an addict who steals from me... And yes I've already thought about this because one thing I do have is that I will never let someone else pay for what I did.. I've thought about this already but clearly there is someone else stealing because I've stole about 300$ in a matter of 3 months and they told me that money has been disappearing like about 160$ in only one day. I know I've never done that. But of course I will take responsibility for my actions if I got caught and if I didn't, I'm going to take this as a lesson learned and I honestly can say that I am never in my life going to steal something again even if it is a fruit.
    I really hope you're being sincere in your post. If you are, I'm going to say something I never once thought I'd say, because to me theft is horrendous crime (I was robbed when I was first married, and heirlooms were taken that I never got back).

    If you've learned your lesson, than live your life the way you're supposed to. There are things you can do to get the help you need in caring for your mother. So let's try to focus on that. Can you tell us where you live? Not your address, but your country, state, province, etc? Maybe we can focus on getting your mom and you some help. No 19 year old should have such a huge weight on her (I'm assuming you're a girl based on your username, if I'm wrong, please correct me) shoulders.
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert
     
    #14

    May 6, 2013, 05:26 PM
    A house is expensive rent. You can all move into a cheaper place, an apartment.
    There are many ways to cut expenses that we can help you with.
    There's no reason why your money should be stolen by your father. Keep it in the bank and a small amount in a wallet on your person at all times.

    How many people work where you work?
    Melissa234's Avatar
    Melissa234 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #15

    May 6, 2013, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I really hope you're being sincere in your post. If you are, I'm going to say something I never once thought I'd say, because to me theft is horrendous crime (I was robbed when I was first married, and heirlooms were taken that I never got back).

    If you've learned your lesson, than live your life the way you're supposed to. There are things you can do to get the help you need in caring for your mother. So let's try to focus on that. Can you tell us where you live? Not your address, but your country, state, province, etc? Maybe we can focus on getting your mom and you some help. No 19 year old should have such a huge weight on her (I'm assuming your a girl based on your username, if I'm wrong, please correct me) shoulders.
    Yes, correct I am a girl who has been working since 15 to help my mother because my dad it's an addict and used to steal her money and we didn't have it for the rent, now that I am 19 my mom crashed about 6 months ago and basically she can't even get up from bed so I've been supporting everything by myself I am in Miami Florida. I get paid 8.75$ the hour rent is 950$ I'm also studying and I can't even buy a piece of gum because I have to help my mom, she deserves everything and the last thing I want is to disappoint her she has gone through so much, also my dad it is so hard to take him out of my life he was not like this before... And he is my dad I love him I don't want to get him arrested or anything I am also buying him food because he didn't work or anything I was basically paying for him too, he finally got a job and is doing a litte better...
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert
     
    #16

    May 6, 2013, 05:44 PM
    http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...182,bs.1,d.cGE

    Have you taken a look at public assistance programs in your area? I'm not in the States, but this is what I found when I googled.
    Melissa234's Avatar
    Melissa234 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #17

    May 6, 2013, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    A house is expensive rent. You can all move into a cheaper place, an apartment.
    There are many ways to cut expenses that we can help you with.
    There's no reason why your money should be stolen by your father. Keep it in the bank and a small amount in a wallet on your person at all times.

    How many people work where you work?
    Yes, we recently moved to an apartment but I am in Miami everything is so expensive here rent is 950$ and I am only 19 I get paid 8.75$ the hour. And yes I've done everything he gets my credit card, wallet I hide it under the bed... In the bathroom.. The closet, clothes, everywhere and he always finds it I don't even know how or in what time.
    Melissa234's Avatar
    Melissa234 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #18

    May 6, 2013, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa234 View Post
    Yes, we recently moved to an apartment but I am in Miami everything is so expensive here rent is 950$ and I am only 19 I get paid 8.75$ the hour. And yes I've done everything he gets my credit card, wallet I hide it under the bed... In the bathroom.. The closet, clothes, everywhere and he always finds it I don't even know how or in what time.
    And it's about 20 people only.
    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 40,283, Reputation: 5645
    Expert
     
    #19

    May 6, 2013, 05:48 PM
    Small safes are relatively inexpensive. Also, I know you don't want your father in trouble, but look at the lesson you are learning right now. Maybe he NEEDS to learn his lesson. Maybe he NEEDS to be held accountable. Maybe he NEEDS to be in treatment.

    As for your mother and her accident, has she applied for medicaid/medicare? Are you getting food stamps?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

I stole from my job? [ 2 Answers ]

I feel incredibly stupid and na´ve. I have been working in a Supermarket for 4 months now and on Monday evening I stole 30 euros worth of phone credit. On Tuesday I got a phone call from my manager asking me to come in on Thursday for a meeting. I asked was there something wrong and she just...

I stole over 5000 from my job what's going to happen now [ 32 Answers ]

I'm 21 live in winnipeg mb I stole from my job due to desprate circumstances. Its my first offence, I stole 9500$. The police just contacted me and asked me to meet with them this Tuesday. I don't know what to do. What punishments could I be facing, what should I say to the police when they ask...

Similarities between job analysis,job description and job specification? [ 2 Answers ]

Similarities between job analysis,job description and job specification?


View more questions Search