Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunrisesys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2012, 10:51 AM
    Neighbor's trash in my yard
    I have a large tree on my property that sheds pine needles each year. The tree is over 50 years old. My neighbor built a new pool without a cover and gets upset when the needles land in the pool. He removes the needles and piles them up on my walkway. He also has dog poop, papers and cigarette butts mixed in with the needles. The dog poop was the last straw. We push the trash back and forth between the two properties. What should I do? Is his dumping his trash on my property trespassing? If everybody raked up leaves and flower petals etc. That happenened to blow into our yards, we would all be doing yard work all day, as we assign the greenery back to the appropriat yard. Seriously?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2012, 02:18 PM
    I think he's juvenile. Why do you push it back and forth? I'd "simply" bag up the trash and throw it out to prove I'm the more adult person.

IF he dumps trash on your property (which he apparently is doing) then I'd notify the local authorities - perhaps the Police, perhaps the Health Department (if it's dog poop and/or cigarettes), perhaps your local Housing Inspector.

If your tree overhangs his property he can make arrangements to solve the problem - but it sounds like a problem with wind which is out of his and your control.

Love the way you wrote this but your only choices are grin and bear it OR call the authorities.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2012, 03:05 PM
    The limbs of your tree is over his yard, he may trim or cut those limbs back to the property line.

He can not trespass on your property and dump trash and animal droppings. If you want to continue this, call the police and report his littering to them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neighbor's dog peeing in our yard, Is it acceptable? [ 28 Answers ]

I came into this situation and before I do something out of rage, I needed to know your opinions. I have a big yard, and it extends to a sidewalk and then grass and an oak tree. All the property belongs to us (the design is same for all houses here). My neighbor brings his dog out, and today...

How to keep neighbor's dog and puppies out of my yard and flower beds? [ 14 Answers ]

I live in a small town with no leash laws, and no animal control. In my area, the houses are quite close to each other. The next door neighbors' mama dog and 3 puppies have taken up residence in my flower bed and yard. Not only are they destroying the beds and killing the grass - there's the...

Can dog urine leach into a neighbor's yard? [ 2 Answers ]

We have our dog on a lead that does not allow her to go into our neighbor's yard. Our neighbor is now claiming that two brown spots in her yard was caused by our dog urine. Is that possible?

Neighbor's kids causing damage and trespassing in my yard [ 11 Answers ]

For about the last year, my neighbor's kids and their friends have been playing in our yard, hitting our home over and over with their toys and causing damage to one of our trees, a young maple tree, by breaking off the branches. I didn't say much when it first started happening because I didn't...

How to stop neighbor's dogs from eating way into my yard? [ 9 Answers ]

I have a problem I need some input. I live in a leased townhome in Texas. I am the owner of two small dogs... Schipperrke and Min-pin. My neighbor has three dogs... 2 Pit Bulls and a Golden Ret (grown). We have ten foot wooden fences around our backyards. When my dogs go into the yard, the 3...

View more questions Search