Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdb1979 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2011, 10:34 AM
    Will I pass an ETG test after 71 hours?
    I am 6ft 150lbs and I drank 6 beers from 11am until 6pm on Saturday. I have an ETG on Tuesday at 6pm. Will I pass the test?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 6, 2011, 11:19 AM
    You SHOULD pass the test but an ETG is not extremely reliable to begin with. It can give false positives and negatives.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2011, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jdb1979 View Post
    I am 6ft 150lbs and I drank 6 beers from 11am until 6pm on Saturday. I have an ETG on Tuesday at 6pm. Will I pass the test?
    Your pace of drinking, 6 beers across 7 hours, is in your favor. EtG production continues until all alcohol is eliminated from your system, "0" BAC, not from time of last drink.

By pacing drinks (1 ph) you are eliminating Ethanol at nearly the same rate it is being consumed (+.02h -.17h) That keeps peak BAC low and following last drink "0 BAC" would be reached within about 3 hours. So you had about 68 hour window for clearance of EtG. That should be sufficient, based on a 100 test cutoff, and amount consumed.

I agree with Bellengerb and re-emphasize his point about the unreliability of this test.
    RNBSN Posts: 90, Reputation: 12

Sep 7, 2011, 06:12 AM
    Yes, you should pass at the 100 test cutoff... and many are now using 500 as the cutoff and you would easily pass that one. All of the answers you receive are assuming you don't have any liver issues. If you remember, please post your results (pass/fail).
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 7, 2011, 07:05 AM
    "https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/addictions/will-pass-etg-test-after-71-hours-596056-new.html?eid=309959&old#post2887247

" well, not really.
    kodger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2011, 02:01 PM
    I stopped drinking on sat at 9pm and had to take one on tues at 1pm and passed. The other day, I had two glasses of wine the night prior and took it and failed... I think you may be okay with that window...
    carrie1011 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Dec 29, 2011, 01:53 PM
    I really wish people would come back on and say if they passed or failed these EtG tests they were writing about in the first place! It would be sooo helpful! :)
    stewwii Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 03:24 PM
    I have one on Tuesday around 4 and I stopped drinking Saturday around 9 Saturday. I had 4 drinks Saturday and around 8 on Friday. Anybody with experience? And by experience I don't mean passing with the same window after 1 beer. I mean getting a good buzz and passing.
    frankieinmt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 07:15 PM
    New years eve I drank about 12 plus drinks from noon until 11 pm. I smoked some dope and pretty much hydrated until Monday. About noon I used an omni flush. The atendent at the health food store said it would detoxify my liver. And I flushed. Probobally pissed about 15 times on Monday. I took my EtG Tuesday at around seven pm. This would give me about 68 hours. Today is Monday, tomorrow will be a week... 7 days. I get to meet my new p.o. tomorrow. So if anything came up... from my experience they would have came bustin down my door. I've also read... I have to fish up the reserch.. sorry. Anyway there was a study with willing participants, basically in a nut shell, etgs are usless after 24-48 hours for light and moderate use. I'm from Montana. d.u.I. I've been on paper for tree years. I've had dirty etgs. And as of the last year I've passed every one. I'm sopposed to discharge march 3rd 2012. As I said from my experience I would have had a phone call or the swat team would have paid me a visit. I'm not positive that my method is working. 72 hours has always been good... less? I don't know?? Guess we will see. 68? 60? Lots of what if ****! I know what your all going through... keep your head up.
    Cammie66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2012, 09:54 AM
    I had 4 glasses of wine midday and tested 60 hours later negative. I am an esthetician and I learned in school about the healing properties of lemon juice. If you squeeze lemon in you water and drink a lot of lemon water the day before testing it stimulates your liver and cleanses your whole system. It is also very good for your immune system and your skin, it is an everyday good medicine for all over health. The immune system stems from your liver so with all the vitamin c in lemon and cleansing properties of lemon it truly is one of nature's treasures. Have you ever taken lemon juice to tarnished brass? Do it and see the results, that is what it also does for your body! Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I pass EtG test after 59 hours? [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 6ft 3in 230 lbs I been drinking water for the last 3 hours my test is tomorrow by 11am... I drank last on Monday at 3am I have also been taking creatine and a detox pill I plan waking up early and running and sweatting allot will this be enough to pass

Will I pass my ETG test after roughly 72 hours? [ 5 Answers ]

I am on PC-1000 diversion program, I drank 3 beers about 72 hours before my test, I'm not sure if pc-1000 uses an EtG test or not, but they do test for acohol so I'm assuming they do. Will I pass? I'm 5'10" 145 pounds, decent metabolism.

Can you pass an EtG test after 200 hours? [ 9 Answers ]

I haven't had a drink in over 200 hours will I pass an EtG test?

It'll be around 112 hours since my last drink before I take my EtG test, will I pass? [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry, I am paranoid... I know I'm not suppose to drink but I couldn't help it. Last Saturday, had around 7 shots... and 3 mix drinks... and stopped on Sunday around 2am... I have a EtG test on Thursday (tomorrow) at 6pm. I know EtG only detects 80 hours... but I just need some reassurance from you...

Will I pass EtG test after 62 hours? [ 9 Answers ]

Saturday I drank about 12 beers, stopping at approx. 2:00 am. Im a healthy 125 lb female with a fast metabolism. I am taking an EtG test Tuesday at about 4:45 pm. Do you think I will pass? (That would be about 62 hours after consuption.)

View more questions Search